Restaurant Review: 85C Bakery opens first location in San Diego

The popular 85C bakery finally has opened their doors down here in San Diego. This is their very first San Diego location and it’s great for those who use to drive up to Orange County to get their pastries. 85C is know for their delicious desserts and drinks, and of course the long lines but those move pretty quick.

The San Diego bakery is located at 5575 Balboa Ave. where plenty of new restaurants and stores have just opened up since their remodel. Instead of driving close to two hours to get pastries there is a location central in San Diego right off Genesee and Balboa. Doors open at 7 a.m. Monday through Saturday and 8 a.m. on Sundays which is still early in the morning for their morning coffee and pastries.

Serving warm and fresh pastries all day there are plenty of options to choose from. Breads with different styles such as Taiwanese, Japanese, European, Danish and others is which makes this bakery unique. But not only do they serve breads and pastries but drinks and teas as well that are perfect with any bread. The teas do come either warm or cold which is perfect for any season. Besides the tea there is coffee for those who need their early morning coffee fix serving hot or cold.

What is a bakery without cake? 85C also do sell full cakes for any occasion, from full 8-inch cakes, sliced cake, and unique full month cakes, which are layered with fresh fruits and fillings. There are cup desserts too for a quick dessert on the go. Everything made is really creative and full of flavor and there are no bad decisions here since everything is made fresh and taste great.