Restaurant Review: Chicken Charlie’s fries it up

The famous Chicken Charlie’s have opened up their first location down here in San Diego and it is really close to the Mesa campus! Chicken Charlie’s is known for their exotic deep fried foods such as deep fried Oreo’s, deep fried Kool-Aid, deep fried Klondike ice cream, and plenty of other wild creations

Every year Chicken Charlie’s travels from city to city in Southern California to different fairs to serve their wild fried foods. It’s a must try when going to the fair to try out the different fried foods that they would bring out. Now the wait is over since they just opened up their first location serving most of their fried foods

Located at 5407 Balboa Ave., Chicken Charlie’s is a perfect spot to grab a bite that’s close to campus. Starting off with their wild menu swerving lobster tails, baby back ribs, bacon wrapped shrimp, frog legs, and of course they have a salad menu

Their popular bacon wrapped shrimp and lobster slipper tails is a delicious addition to their menu. The bacon wrapped shrimp is fried together and is served with cocktail sauce and a side of fries, along with the lobster tails, which is perfect with their very own butter dip

Don’t forget to leave room for dessert because there is a very unique desert menu full of deep fried goods. Starting off with the very popular deep fried Oreo’s which explains itself, served with vanilla ice cream on the side to dip your warm deep-fried Oreo in. The delicious deep fried nachos are served with three different types of ice cream which sits over fried nacho chips with cinnamon. Of course its served warm with a cold ice cream over makes your mouth water.