‘The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2’ fell short, from an epic ending.

Why is it that we as a society get so attached to series? Whether it’s a T.V. series or a book series, we get hooked and develop an almost love-hate relationship with them. We want to know what happens next, and how the series ends but at the same time we don’t. We don’t want the series to ever end, and if it does. We expect it to end with a “bang.”

The Hunger Games latest and last movie to end the series aired in theaters recently; The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2. It was the last movie to end Suzanne Collin’s bestselling novel trilogy as depicted by the movie franchise.

The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 picked up where the previous film; Mockingjay Part 1 had left off. We get to witness the adventure and obstacles Katniss and her team faced on their way to take down President Snow and the capital, in order to put an end to the hunger games and gain independence once and for all.

The film was jam packed with lots of action, and it even had some suspenseful moments. The film was well produced, and had some breath taking scenes. Although most of the scenes in the film took place inside the capital, it did not lack variety. Not only were the viewers allowed to see how the capital was designed and how different it looked compared to the districts, it showed the viewers that President Snow was not messing around. There were booby traps planted all over the city, booby traps designed by the game makers to stop the young heroes from meeting their ultimate goal, to end Snow’s life. It’s almost as if it was just another hunger game, except it took place inside the capitol.

Every obstacle was different, but the end goal of each was the same – to kill the heroes and prevent them from making it to Snow’s house. All while broadcasting it, allowing the citizens of the capital to enjoy it from home, similarly like they would with a hunger game. There was lots of drama, though it mainly involved the love triangle that is Katniss, Peeta, and Gale. A lot of it made the film relatable to the average-joe, it allowed the viewers to see that the protagonists of the film were also humans, and struggled with personal matters just like everyone else. They didn’t automatically know how to handle every situation. They were sometimes conflicted.

For the most part the film was great, although at times it felt a bit rushed, especially towards the end. One moment we hear the protagonists talk about how it will take them many days to reach Snow, the next thing you know they’re right around the corner from his house. The traps the game makers added all over the city were a great addition and they delayed the young heroes’ travels, however they could have had added a few more epic scenes on how the heroes handled the situations.

The film contained a lot of deaths, we witnessed Katniss’ team dwindle down with each booby trap that was triggered. Overall the acting was impeccable, everyone did a great job.

I would give the film a 3.5 out of 5 stars. It had lots of great scenes but the ending seemed a bit too rushed, it was simply not executed well. Seeing how Katniss was able to finally make it to Presidents Snow’s house was not satisfying, what was also not satisfying was how she reacted to his presence, when she was finally face to face with him. The director of the Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 could have taken a few notes from other series. The ending could have been epic, but instead it fell a bit short. It almost felt a bit, unfinished.