Pump Up the Pumpkin Spice: The New Fall Starbucks Menu

Marcel E. Anderson
The featured Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.

As the leaves change color and fall, and the warm summer evenings begin to cool down to legitimate “sweater weather,” the season change alerts our tastebuds. In the midst of this, Starbucks wastes no time in deploring their new fall menu to match the want for traditional autumn favorites, as well as introducing new food and beverage items into the lives of their customers. With launches on two separate dates: Sep. 1 and Sep. 6, the new fall time menu quickly and abruptly made its mark.
Pumpkin mania took over on Sep. 1, with the return of the long awaited Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) – a long loved beverage replicating the essence of the fall season in every sip. A new and fun way to try this beverage would be to combine the pumpkin spice sauce with chai tea syrup and breve in order to make a beverage version of a pumpkin cheesecake; served over ice or hot, this beverage is refreshing.
Along with the Pumpkin Spice Latte, some seasonal food favorites are on the menu. The return of the pumpkin scone and pumpkin cream cheese muffin have returned for the season to pair up with your favorite variation of the PSL. Tagging along with these pastry veterans bring along the pumpkin cheesecake bar, a sweet and savory treat.
Aside from the well-known PSL and coinciding pumpkin menu, some other fall time beverages return to your local Starbucks as well. These favorites are bound to make a reoccurring impression
Also making its return to the fall is the Salted Caramel Mocha. The sweet blend of toffeenut and mocha, topped with caramel, combine together to make the ultimate sweet fall
This season’s menu also brings forth the new Chili Mocha. Enjoyed as a hot, or iced, latte or frappuccino, this new beverage is packed with a chocolaty-spiced flavor, and topped with a chili powder bound to give your tastebuds a nice tingle. Despite not actually being made with mocha sauce, as a latte, the powder is mixed with espresso to combine both the bold and spicy flavors.
A twist on a not as new beverage is trying the chili spice topping along with an iced mango black tea to create a refreshing iced beverage that resembles a Mexican candied mango treat.
Also along for the ride is the newly inducted, gluten free, Canadian Bacon Breakfast Sandwich. The creation of this sandwich is to accommodate customers who do have gluten intolerances, or just prefer to eat gluten free nowadays. Along with this sandwich, Starbucks also offers a new style of oatmeal for their menu. This new addition is known as the Dark Chocolate and Caramelized Banana Oatmeal – a sweet and delicious blend of sweet dark chocolate and caramelized banana sauce mixed together to make an ultimately sweet breakfast treat. Another
All in all, the new and improved fall menu from Starbucks is sure to satisfy your coffee or hunger needs, whether you are craving something hot or cold, or sweet or spicy.