Rising star thrills fans with concert in San Diego

Jessie James Deckers newest single Lights Down Low can be purchased on itunes now.
instagram.com/jessiejamesdecker
Jessie James Decker’s newest single ‘Lights Down Low’ can be purchased on itunes now.

An up and coming star recently visited San Diego to give her fans a surprise show this past weekend.

Reality television show star, clothing designer, makeup creator, and country singer- she does it all. Jessie James Decker is a name known by a consistently increasing amount of people. Whether it be through her stylish clothing line Kittenish, or her powerful vocals, this young woman of just 28 yrs has already amassed a greatly successful career. Though she is living across the country in New York, Decker made a pit stop in San Diego just last weekend, exciting many of her fans living along the West Coast.

On Oct. 7, the mother of two preformed in downtown San Diego at the House of Blues venue. Despite the small size of the venue, she managed to draw in a line of fans outside the building hours before she even stepped foot on stage. The crowd was full of die-hard fans, as they demonstrated their love for the artist wearing her clothing brand and imitating her classic country-girl style.

Decker was opened for by a small band, “Sisterhood,” whose lead singer happens to be a close friend of the star’s. The band had a similar tune to Decker, showcasing their country and twangy roots. “Sisterhood” got the crowd pumped up and excited for Decker as they continuously asked the audience, “who’s ready for Jessie?”

The crowd finally got what they wanted when Decker entered the stage singing and dancing to one of her first hits “Wanted.”The upbeat melody got the fans in the audience going even crazier than they were beforehand. Following her first song, Decker wasted no time and jumped right into other fan favorite melodies before finally announcing a few new songs that she would share specially with the guests of the evening. She won the crowd over with her girlish, original  melodies “Do You” and “Shoot the Lights Out,”and especially hit home in San Diego when she preformed her new song, “Girl On the Coast.”

Decker continued by doing a cover of the classic Shania Twain song, “Man, I Feel Like a Woman,”pulling 10 lucky fans up onstage to sing the melody with her. Taking a break from her vocals, Decker sat down toward the end of the show and gave an inspirational talk to all of the young ladies there to see her. She encouraged everyone to gain self-love and trust the future. While next preforming her more emotional song “Coming Home,” she held the microphone out to her fans to sing, and placed her hand upon her heart as she heard the entire crowd sing the words to her own song. The star finished off her show with the upbeat single “Lights Down Low,”which she announced to hit radio stations later this month.

The country sensation and successful business woman continues to be a role model for people all over the world, showcasing that one can obtain fame and modesty at the same time. If Jessie James Decker is a name that you have not heard, it is one you will soon become very familiar with.