First Annual ComplexCon a Big Hit

Complex held its first annual ComplexCon Nov. 5-6 in Long Beach, California where fans were able to shop from some of the hottest clothing lines out, watch some of the biggest names in hip-hop perform, and view some breathtaking new art.

Artist Takashi Murakami, who is known for his art on Kanye West’s album covers, had his own booth set up and sold pieces for thousands of dollars and had lines wrapped around the corner.

Several brands and retailers debuted new clothes and shoes including Bape, Billionaire Boy’s Club, RSVP Gallery, Puma, Nike, and over 100 more.

Day one included performances by Skrillex, Kid Cudi, Travis Scott, Virgil Abloh, and Metro Boomin just to name a few.

Kid Cudi’s performance was his first public appearance since he checked himself into rehab for depression. After performing “Pursuit of Happiness,” Cudi had a message for his fans. “I know life is crazy,” he said “but we can get through this.” Cudi brought out Travis Scott, Pharrell, and King Chip to perform their collaborations alongside him. The energy in the building was so powerful and positive.

The lineup day two was just as star-studded featuring Pharrell, Snoop Dogg, 2 Chainz, Migos, Chief Kerf, Lil Yachty, and Tunji Ige amongst many others.

Snoops performance was extremely special because it was the first time he ever performed in Long Beach, which is his hometown.

“I don’t know why they never let me perform here. I ain’t done nothing but do what I’m supposed to do: go around the world and give people great entertainment on stage. I can’t call it. I don’t know if the city has something against me, or my background, or my upbringing. We’re going to make the most of tonight,” Snoop said when asked about performing in Long Beach.

He followed up with “This is what I do and now I’m just going to be able to do it in front of some of the people who grew up with me and watched me become who I am. That’ll be special, but at the same time, it’s just another game to me. I still have more points to score.”

There was also speaking panels on both days with guest speakers Marc Eckō, Pusha T, Wiz Khalifa, French Montana, Action Bronson, The Game, DJ Mustard, Vince Staples, Raekwon, Timbaland, and many more.

The first annual ComplexCon was a major success.