Tips & Tidbits: Spring Break Destinations

10. Negril, Jamaica- With many college students relating to the carefree vibe of Bob Marley it would seem only natural for Jamaica to be a destination for college student. Known as the “capital of casual” it provides the perfect atmosphere of fun and relaxation. With sandy beaches and a wild nightlife, it is sure to be a trip to remember.

9. Lake Havasu, Arizona- Still want the water? Well head inland to Arizona’s most popular spring break hot spot. Rally up the troops and pitch in for a houseboat or leave all your responsibilities behind and stay in one of the many hotels. With temperatures reaching the 100s it is the perfect excuse to run around half-naked for a week of non-stop partying.

8. Cancun- Mexico has been a long lasting tradition of college student destinations. But nothing prepares you for Cancun. College crazed students fly in by the hundreds to escape their school pressured lives with partying on their minds. Night cruises and dancing on tabletops is the norm. But poolside naps are even more common. Just make sure to pack some SPF 30 or you’ll be leaving with more than you bargained for.

7. South Beach- The glitz and glamour of South Beach is an up and coming spring break destination. Once thought of as a retirement haven is now becoming a hot spot for young fun seekers. Endless white sand beaches and flamboyant personalities will keep every minute exciting. Enjoy chic eateries, trendy boutiques and bronzed beauties around every corner. But don’t forget to relax seaside to take in some the beautiful views.

6. Crested Butte, Colorado- For those that enjoy the great outdoors and aren’t concerned with getting that perfect tan, then trade the sand filled beaches for powder-covered slopes. Spring break doesn’t always mean fun in the sun; so explore nature’s beauty with a quaint ski town. With an array of restaurants and pubs you’ll sure find a way to unwind after a long day of snowboarding.

5. Hawaii- Aloha, from the big island. Enjoy lush tropical beaches and supreme weather. If the seven-hour flight over the water won’t bother you then you are in for a relaxing week of white sand beaches and umbrella-clad drinks. Indulge in all the island has to offer from an array of activities to shopping and hot night scene.

4. Los Angeles- Drive a couple hours North and you’ll find a great city that has a little of everything. If nightlife is your thing then LA is filled with trendy nightclubs and beautiful people. While waiting for it to get dark try shopping on Robertson Blvd for something to wear out that night. If relaxing by the water is more your thing then enjoy poolside comfort from hot spots like the Roosevelt Hotel.

3. New York, New York- If warm weather and half-naked people are not your thing. Then New York is the place for you. Fill your time with great museums and spectacular food. But don’t forget to explore one of New York’s best qualities, the shopping. P.S. don’t forget to pack your umbrella.

2. Las Vegas- If any city was meant to refuge college students it’s Vegas. Cheap rooms and cheap food leaves you to spend all your money in one of the many bars and nightclubs that line the famous strip. After a long night out you can lounge by the pool and prepare your self for the next adventure you will embark on. Just make sure you have enough money to get home.

1. San Diego- Put away your plane tickets and prepare for a week of non-stop excitement right in your own backyard. With endless miles of beach and great outdoor activities, it would seem impossible to get bored. But if sun and sand is not for you then wait till the sun goes down and enjoy the nightclubs that run up and down the Gaslamp Quarter. We might have taken for granted that we live in one of the best travel destinations in world, so avoid all the busy travel traffic and explore your city.