Louis XIV to perform locally

Louis XIV to perform locally

San Diego’s well-known local band Louis XIV continues to amaze with its unusual lyrics and melodies.

Influenced by the Rolling Stones, AC/DC, David Bowie, and T-Rex, Louis XIV mixes elements of each into their own tunes. They sound like nothing else but a T-rex rocking out with Bowie.

The lyrics are unique and witty, especially in their well-known track, “finding out true love is blind.” Lead singer Jason Hill sings, “hey carrot juice I want to squeeze away until you bleed,” leaving fans wondering what or who carrot juice really is or means.

The band came out with an E.P on Sept. 11 titled, “The distance from everyone to you,” with four new tracks and a CD coming out in Jan 29.

The band is known for the wittiness of its members: Hill (lead vocals/guitarist), Brian Kascig (vocals/guitarist), Mark Malgaard (drummer), and James Amburst (base).

According to “Rock Sound Magazine,” Louis XIV is a “Sex obsessed, T-Rex-loving glam foursome from San Diego.”

Definitely sex obsessed, Louis XIV shows its lust of women in its CD album covers with nude pictures of women, and lyrics such as, “we don’t have to go to the pool to get you wet.”

Even though the band may sing rather provocative tunes and have an obsession with sex. Fans still go crazy for them. After all, what band isn’t obsessed with sex?

Listening to their lyrics, you may find that they are a bit odd but have good intentions and care for their fans. On their Myspace web site they have a link allowing fans to enter a contest for a chance to appear in one of their music videos and band promotions.

Look for the band’s new CD in stores Jan. 29 and catch the band rocking out next on Saturday at the RIMAC Arena at UCSD and Sunday in Sacramento at the Empire Arena.