The Year of The Take Back

The Year of the TAKE Back

The Lady Olympians quest for a fifth consecutive conference title was cut short last season by finishing second in the Pacific Coast Conference, this year they will fight to clench the top spot.
With key returning players like Amber Davidson and a fresh approach by Coach Kim Lester they will once again get a shot to defend their title.

“We should have taken conference last year, but I know this year is our year to shine” Davidson said.

The returning players while outnumbered by the new recruits are excited and confident in the fresh team united by a common goal.

“We have a great group of girls that came in. each one of them bringing something to our program that we needed” said Davidson.

Heather Hartwell, Joslin Alexander, Denisse Martinez, and Lindsey Jardine round out the five sophomores, with Alexander snagging a Second-Team All Conference award last season.
Amber Davidson who was awarded First-Team All Conference last year hopes to lead the way through example.

“Personally, I will play like I know how and I will play smart. I’ll stick to what works and every time I’m playing, I’m playing to win”.

Coach Kim Lester is entering her 8th year of coaching here at Mesa and is keen on the idea of a first place finish. After last seasons close and a 19-7 record she hopes to take this years team to the state tournament, conceivably all the way to the final round as she did in 2005 finishing second in the state.

“xxx” said Lester.

Lester will be looking to sophomores like Davidson and Martinez to demonstrate their dedication and hard work to the new teammates and lead them to their most wanted conference title.

“xxx” Lester said.

The players have taken notice to the different approaches Coach Lester has implemented this season with practicing on the beach in early July and running tough practices right from the get go.

“She has a new mentality this year along with a new game plan and I think her head start approach is going to really help us out” Davidson said.

The Lady Olympians start pre-season with a home opener against Mt. San Jacinto College on Wednesday night and finish the week out by taking on the Lady Brahmas of L.A. Pierce College who finished 32-2 last season. Regular conference play begins at 5 pm on October 2nd when the ladies square up at home against Cuyamaca College. Student Ticket Prices are $$ while general public costs $$.