Dude, please stop acting like a girl

When did men become as complicated as women? I thought they were the simpler species. It’s not that I believe the epitome of a man is a rough tough douche bag.but that men are slowly morphing into girly boys. And I don’t mean the way they dress; that’s a whole other column.

This column isn’t about how pretentious girls are and have always been; it’s about why men feel they can act the same way. It was so much sexier when people were generally predictable; women are complicated and sensitive, while men like to eat sleep and .you know. Now, I can’t tell if a guy is checking out my butt or my True Religions.

I know a guy who won’t even talk to a girl if she’s in a pair of non-designer jeans. Since when do most guys care about fashion?? Stick to cars and we’ll stick to clothes.

Both sexes have defiantly excelled; women in the work place and men at home. And aside from the obvious fact that everyone has their own opinion of what is hot or not, I wonder if it’s better to have a stronger distinction in the line between feminine and masculine.

When it comes to feminine men, have we only seen the beginning?

Since I can remember I’ve heard guys complain that they hate girls that play games and go out of their way to make points made. Wait, don’t you do that all the time? Don’t men over-think and plan every move they make in the beginning of a relationship just like we do? I see it every day. My roommate and I laugh about the so called “moves” guys think they’re pulling without us noticing. We know why you wait an hour to text back and we see you trying to build up your booty call log on facebook.

The sexiest thing ever: when we think you could care less about all that bull shit. When we think you have a life and a goal and you’re too busy to ponder if you should answer our call or play hard to get. When we know you’re playing video games and ignoring our call, the way we think of you changes. And not in the way you think. Just be normal, chill and cool. We see through all the rest.

Another thing, just because we’re hitting you up, does not mean we are in love with you and want to be your girlfriend. Maybe we just want to hang out and.you know. If guys knew how often girls wanted to make them their “I’m bored, come over” buddy, maybe they’d be less inclined to play games.

Girls: Don’t forget the very real possibility that he might just not like you. This changes everything. Then there’s the politics of breaking it off and it usually ends up really bumming someone out. In this case it might seem like he’s playing games, when in fact he’s blowing you off.

Guys: When breaking off whatever kind of relationship you might be in, even if you only hooked up once and you’re over it, call or text at least once anyways. (Especially if you had sex). All too often I hear these sad stories where the chick has no idea what went wrong. Plus it’s just plain mean. All you have to do is be real and tell her what’s up. Trust me, she wants to know. If you don’t tell her, no one will, and it’s your fault if she ends up to be 45 and on eharmony.

For all the nice guys trying to make it through college without being noticed or forced to date some psycho chick, this is not for you. This for all the image obsessed meat heads who think they are the greatest catch in San Diego. The reason most girls get crazy is because of the jerk who never called after she slept with him. So next time you start playing games, remember this: We like guys who don’t have to try. So stop trying so hard.