ObamaCare: the good, the bad, the unhealthy

On Mar. 23, 2010, President Barack Obama signed the Affordable Care Act , or known most commonly as ObamaCare. This law is one in which all Americans will eventually have to have some type of health insurance.

The affects of ObamaCare are slowly showing up in the workplace . Jobs which once provided insurance for employers,  are cutting back drastically on employee hours  to avoid paying for  health coverage. Many minimum wage workers are now forced to get second jobs.

If companies refuse to pay for  health insurance, eligible workers may receive  Medicaid, CHIP or subsidies through other health insurance companies. Over 100 million Americans have already benefited from the law.

ObamaCare will make it so everyone will be able to afford their medical expenses, without having to rely on their parents. “Up to 82% of nearly 16 million uninsured young U.S. adults would qualify for federal subsidies or medicaid under ObamaCare.” With this act, children and young adults will be able to stay on their parents insurance until the age of 26.

Several tend to lean more towards the negative connotations that this act will impose, rather than seeing how it is here to benefit the people. Come Jan. 1, 2014 most Americans must obtain qualifying health insurance. Whether it’s through your employer or coming out of taxes we will all be insured. Not everyone will be subjected to being insured through ObamaCare, but you can stay with whatever healthcare plan you are already insured with, most fail to realize this.

Although ObamaCare has good and bad that  it posses, the rich or higher class seem to not be so fond of it. What can Obama do about this crisis to satisfy us all? will we ever be satisfied as a whole? So many questions and not enough answers.