Say NO to Stress

Shelly Berger studying for physics

Looking back in time, it is hard to believe that almost half of this semester is gone, yet the proof of it stands right in front of us. With midterms looming around the corner, students are more stressed than ever.

There are  generally two different types of student: those who are organized, and those who are not.

Students who have developed an organized routine, integrating study with play, will pass through the midterms with a breeze. But for those who are are not ,  do not fret! There is still time to get back on the right track.

Before starting and preparing for exams, it is useful to have an optimistic mind.  Students should channel their inner inspirational posters, the ones that counselors plaster on the walls with phrases such as, “you can do it!”

With a positive attitude, the next essential thing is motivation. Think about your long term goals. In Sandra Cisneros essay, “Only Daughter”, Cisneros expresses how her father influenced her decision to go to college,

“Being only a daughter for my father meant my destiny would lead me to becomes someones’s wife…I was in the fifth grade and shared my plans for college with him… I remember my father saying, ‘Que bueno, mi’ja, That’s good’ … What i didn’t realize was that my father thought college was good for girls- good for finding a husband.”

With a positive mind, and motivation, you can now reach the top.

Straight A’s.

The first step is key, organization. Yep. You don’t have too much time but the little time that remains is important that you have a planner and write everything you need to do for each day. Once you have done that and all the projects and the events are written down, go one step further away! Start doing what it says in your agenda. It may be hard at the beginning to do something that you may not like or want but guess what? This step means discipline yourself.

Only those who are disciplined, can and will reach it purposes.Discipline is not that hard to reach, it only requires work and patience. And if He Can Do It, She Can Do It too!

I hope you put down on your agenda, studying for such and such signature, too, right? Good! Now start studying every day. Dedicate at least one hour a day for subject. It’s not that much and is not impossible. If you think that, then you really need to start from the beginning. You will have to go back to “optimistic mind.” If you are having a good attitude and accept that you can do it, then just Do It! Don’t stress but keep focus.

Let’s make a Difference this semester! Let’s make the difference for us, for our family, for our college and for our community. Let’s show the teachers that we will study and get good grades.We Can Do It! With all the resources that we have it will be a shame not to get there where we have to. In the end, faculty staff will say: THEY DID IT!