Don’t be that guy

Forget about Major League Baseball’s infatuation with steroid users and be prepared to stuff your face with overpriced hot dogs because it’s time to head to the ballpark. Spending a day watching America’s pastime can be a great experience, some go to soak in the atmosphere while others are there to bleed their team colors. Every team has got their own personalities on the field but the real characters are in the stands. A good heckler can be hilarious and most fans are enjoyable, but some will have you reaching for your car keys before the seventh inning stretch. You know who you are. You show up at the game and everyone groans when you plop down in the seat next to them.

The Wave Starter
The wave is a dying tradition that happens one too many times a game and always seems to last too long. Trust me, nobody is thanking you for starting the wave every inning.

The Superfan
When you are running across the aisles with your gut hanging out and a chest covered in paint and hair it’s a little distracting.

The Friend Finder
Nobody wants to watch you stand up and wave your arms while you scream on your cell phone, “Where are you? Can you see me? I’m wearing green! Where are you? Do you see me yet? I’m right here!”

The Educator
Helping newcomers understand the game is perfectly fine, but nobody wants to listen to you explain the rules to your girlfriend for nine innings. If she keeps asking you if they scored a touchdown, give it up.

The Kid At Heart
You’ve been bringing your baseball glove since your first game but you’re 40 now, and that home run is never going to fly your way so please leave your glove at home.

The Dress Code Violator
Wearing a jersey to a sporting event is always a great idea, unless you’re wearing a jersey from a different sport. Please save your oversized Kobe Bryant jersey for the hardwood.