Madison Ramirez displays athletic excellence

Madison Ramirez is a freshman point guard on the Women’s basketball team at Mesa College. She traveled from her hometown of Woodinville, WA to continue her basketball career here in San Diego. She started playing at the very early grade of kindergarten, but Ramirez didn’t take the sport seriously until 8th grade. “ When I was in 8th grade, all my friends would play so I decided to do it with them, says Ramirez, “and I decided that I love it.” Since Madison started her basketball career in Washington, she was able to experience the sport in two completely different places, yet she sees no difference. “I think it’s pretty much the same. Since I got on the team, I didn’t know anyone and making friends was much easier. The skill level is pretty much the same.” Ramirez stated. She switches into another mode when she is playing. “ Regularly, I’m pretty shy,” she says, “on the court it helps you express your emotions.” Ramirez is a strong competitor while on the court. From the stands you can see her opponents struggle to guard her. She puts her heart into basketball and steps up when her team is in need. Her shot is so reliable and seems to be even more of a guaranteed bucket when she is pressured. Regardless of where she is, her goals for basketball remains the same. She plans on being a good teammate and a good player while always having fun.