Spring 2016 T.V. Preview

Rick Grimes dangerously walking through a herd of walkers. Will the group make it through? Photo Credit Instagram @amcthewalkingdead

Spring T.V. Preview

School can be stressful at times. Everyone deals with it differently. Some people play sports, others listen to music, and others watch T.V. If you’re looking for an excuse to get lost in a fictional world, below are five great upcoming shows that can help you de-stress yourself and forget about the outside world, even if it’s only for an hour.

The Walking Dead – Season 6

Valentine’s day is right around the corner. Don’t have any plans? Don’t worry. AMC’s hit series The Walking Dead’s second half of the 6th season is set to premier on the Feb. 14. The show is set to pick up where they left off in November. Where viewers last saw the group of survivors surrounded by walkers. Which is the show’s name for Zombies. The title of the upcoming episode is “No Way Out” – you should expect more action than ever in the post-apocalyptic world. The season will air at 9 PM on AMC.

LOVE

Netflix has released some pretty original and interesting shows lately. “Love” is one of the latest ones. In the show series, the audience will meet the two main protagonists; Gus the nice guy which is played by Paul Rust, and Mickey the party girl which is played by Gillian Jacobs. Both Gus and Mickey have recently gotten out of toxic relationships, and will struggle as they try to get their life back together and find true happiness. The bizarre and unexpected friendship slowly turns into something more than that. But will both Mickey and Gus truly be happy together? The unconventional romantic comedy will have 10 episodes, all of which will be available Feb. 19 on Netflix.

Fuller House

For 90s kids, “Full House” was a family classic growing up. Fans watched as three single men raised three young girls. It’s been 21 years since the last season of “Full House” aired. In the re-boot, which is called “Fuller House” – you will see the recently widowed D.J. Tanner raise her three sons with the help of her sister Stephanie, and best friend Kimmy Gibbler. Most of the original cast mates will be present in the series. In the trailer there are a lot of old references to the original show, which should shake up some nostalgia, as well as some back-story as to what happened to the lovable characters during the 21 year break. The series will have 13 episodes, all of which will be available Feb. 24 on Netflix.

Damien

Damien Thorn is the antichrist – may have last seen him in the iconic film that was “The Omen.” “Damien” is a six-episode horror series on A&E that that is set to air March 7th, the T.V. series takes place 25 years later and follows the adult life of Damien. Though things may seem normal, his past still haunts him. Watch as he struggles to come to terms with his evil destiny.

Game of Thrones – Season 6

Game of Thrones is a very popular book series as well as T.V. series on HBO. The sixth season is set to air April 24 and has been much anticipated by its’ fans, as the show has now caught up to

all the books and no one knows what to expect next. The show consists of dragons, ice zombies, highborn families, and the constant fight for the iron throne. The show is known for its cutthroat ways – as no one is safe from death. Not even the most popular characters – one minute they may be fine the next, they may be dead or close to it. Season six of the show is set to have 10 episodes and can be watched on HBO.