Scholarship opportunities for Mesa College students

Up to $30,000 in scholarship money is available for San Diego Mesa College students and the deadline for applications is Nov 4.

While eligibility for the three scholarship programs vary, the application information is not hard to find.  The Student Affairs Office sent out e-mail to students, has posted the information online and is available to help in room H-500

The All-USA Community College Academic Team will consist of 20 students and are to be given $2,500 scholarship and medallions presented by USA TODAY and Phi Theta Kappa and sponsored by Follett Higher Education Group.  According to the information provided by the Student Affairs Office the students will be features in the USA TODAY newspaper and presented at Phi Theta Kappa’s Presidents Breakfast held during the Annual Convention of the American Association of Community Colleges Convention on April 23 2012, in Orlando.

The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation will award 50 students scholarships within each of their gold, silver and bronze levels.  The Gold Scholars will receive $1,500, the Silver Scholars will receive $1,250 and the Bronze Scholars will receive $1,000. This foundation awards other scholarships and perks to nominees, which can be found in the Student Affairs Office.

The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation awards up to $30,000 annually to up to 50 community college transfer students.  The foundation looks to help and support “outstanding community college students with financial needs as they transfer to and complete their bachelor’s degrees”

For more information call the Dean of Student Affairs Office at 619-388-2699 or visit H-500 or click here.