Mumford and Sons Serenade San Diego

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.1001freedownloads.com%2Ffree-photo%2Fphoto-by-daniel-robert-dinu
Photo Credit: Daniel Robert Dinu

The extremely popular British band, Mumford and Sons, serenaded thousands of San Diegans this past week at the Sleep Train Amphitheatre in Chula Vista. The parking lots and venue were full of eager alternative and folk rock fans waiting for the iconic band to perform.

“I was amazed how full the place was, usually there are sections towards the back of the reserved area with tons of empty spots, but not that night, it was completely full,” attendee Bob Pearl said.

The age groups that attended this event ranged from kids to teenagers, to moms and dads to grandparents. Pearl, who is a concert enthusiast, said “well, being an oldster, it seemed there were a lot of us there, which is kind of rare considering what is usually at the venue.” The atmosphere within the arena seemed to be light-hearted, peaceful and an all-around family friendly environment.

The crowd held up their phone lighters (since the real ones are prohibited at Sleep Train Amphitheatre) and sang along with much enthusiasm and passion to the bands biggest hits: “I Will Wait,” “Little Lion Man,” “Believe” and “The Cave.”

“They had the crowd with them every step of the way and when they asked for people to put their lighters up, it was the biggest amount I have ever seen,” Pearl said. “When I looked back at the lawn area it was just a massive wall of light.’’ As expected the band was just as amazing live as on their albums. It was evident the crowd was not just pleased, but they were blow away by the fabulous performance, the charisma of the band, and the sheer talent they possess.

The members of Mumford and Sons (Marcus Mumford, Winston Marshal, Ted Dwane, and Ben Lovett), will be returning home shortly. After touring almost nonstop since their first hit album in 2009, there are no tour dates posted online, which means possibly a break before returning to promote their 2016 mini-album “Johannesburg.” Their tour, which started in the United Kingdom and has worked its way all over the United States since April 1st, had its last show at Austin City Limits Music Festival on Oct. 9 in Texas.

Mumford and Sons, which was formed in 2007, have won and been nominated for several awards since the start of their career. Their albums “Sign No More,” “Babel,” “Wilder Mind” and “Johannesburg” have all done well with sales, on the Billboard Charts, and with their loyal fans.

It is evident that Mumford and Sons have become a favorite, not only in the United Kingdom where they are from, but here in the United States as well.

“When they came out, the crowd went absolutely wild and once they started I could see why,” said Pearl. “It was a beer drinking, cheerful, and all around happy type of concert. All and all I enjoyed it to the max and if you haven’t seen them before it is worth every bit of your time. It was one good old fun time with enjoyable music, great lights, and I would go to see them again.”