Bundle up in style this winter

As autumn falls behind and winter quickly approaches, it is wise to know what fashion trends are heading into the spotlight as the seasonal shift brings changes to your wardrobe.

It is always good to move toward soft colors during the winter versus the brighter colors that are popular to wear in summer.

This does not require you to limit yourself to just black, grey and brown. You can still wear your favorite colors, but just in a lighter hue. Some color suggestions would be lavender, honeydew and cantaloupe.

If you find soft colors too dull you can always accent any outfit with an eye-catching accessory. Brightly colored purses, shoes, coats or jewelry can add a little extra pop to your soft winter outfit.

Other colors that will be popular this season are orange, magenta, burgundy and midnight blue. Keep in mind that colors such as orange and magenta can be too flashy when worn incorrectly, but neutral colors always work during the winter season.

Prints and shiny embellishments are also must haves for the holiday season.

Women’s clothing inspired by male basics has been an up and coming trend for the last year, and this is the season to own it. Blazers are really popular in this category, as are tuxedo or wide leg pants, manly boots and hats.

Current generations are always learning from the past when it comes to style, and this season the trend is stealing 1940s elegance. As sexy as a mini skirt can be, you can channel this era with the allure of a long skirt accented with some faux fur.

As for shoes, this is the time that you can expect some outrageous designs. Reptile print, lacing, patent leather and lots of buckles are some of the more out there designs.

If you have a more tamed style you can try some suede boots or shoes, wedges or chunky heels. Add socks or tights to any heel or boot for extra style and warmth this season.

Accessories can complete any outfit, and this winter the typical trend is layered necklaces and squared bracelets. Some unusual but popular designs are huge retro-style rings, nature inspired jewelry and large metal pieces.

Fringe has already made a comeback back for shoes, purses and clothing, but this season is introducing fringed jewelry.

To finish off your outfit, you’ll need a nice seasonal bag. Satchel bags are still as popular as they were during the fall and summer, just change them up and try them in nude, floral or multi-printed designs.

Bags with chained straps can also be expected to gain popularity this winter.

When getting ready for a new fashion season you don’t have to tuck away everything, some stuff can be recycled. Also, changing your personal style isn’t required; just make your style will work with what’s in this season.