The SOLO movement changes the way the world sees

“One person, one idea, one action, can lead to amazing things!” says Jenny Amaraneni, Co- founder of SOLO Eyewear.

She wanted to create a brand that would restore vision around the world. With every pair of SOLOs purchased, two people in need of eye care will receive help. One will be given a pair of prescription glasses and the other will undergo a cataract surgery. SOLO is partnered with L.V. Prasad Eye Care Institute and Aravind Eye Care System. They have been able to help almost 2,400 people’s vision be restored in their first year as a company. That’s 2,400 people who will be able to keep their independence. They will be able to see their children and grandchildren grow and continue to do all the simple things that are taken for granted.

SOLOs are everything you’d want in a pair of sunglasses. “The T-woods” encompass a timeless classic acetate tortoise frame with dark washed bamboo arms that are nothing less than a piece of perfection to shield from harmful UV rays. “Goose” offers dark grey aviator metal frames with light bamboo arms, a true head turner with only one question from onlookers–

“Where can I get those?”

Currently there are six styles out but many more are expected to release this coming spring.

Bamboo is used in order to be Earth-friendly as it is the fastest growing plant on the planet. It also is extremelystrong and durable.

The concept for these sunglasses and the selfless act behind the profits was imprinted while Jenny was reading Paul Polak’s “Out of Poverty.” The book revealed a shocking need for eye care around the world and so Jenny decided to research this demographic further. The statistics were alarming! Nearly a billion people do not have access to eye care and nearly 80% of the world’s blindness is preventable.

After Jenny met Craig and Dana at San Diego State University in the Entrepreneurship Center, the idea began to evolve into something tangible.

The statistics are why Jenny, Craig and Dana do what they do. SOLO’s hope is to restore vision around the globe. The impact one person can have on another persons life is remarkable. Let’s spread the love with our fellow humans and help one another not hinder.