Netflix, Good For Movies, Good For Making You Think

So everyone has Netflix right? There are some pretty insane documentaries on there that will make you think in ways you didn’t know were possible.

1. Restrepo, This recounts the stories of the soldiers that were stationed in Afghanistan at an outpost named “Restrepo” named after their fallen friend. This film shows actual footage of battles and what life was like in that part of the war. At times it can be very graphic and almost too realistic. This is not for the faint of heart and can definitely jerk some tears but worth a watch.

1. Russia’s Toughest Prisons, Just think about all the horrible crimes that land men and woman in prison on a daily basis. All those horrid things don’t even begin to scratch the surface of why these inmates were sentenced. One of the prisons featured, the Black Dolphin housed inmates that on averaged murdered at least five people.

1. My 600 Pound Life, Admit it, it is a bit comical, but the struggle these people go through is real. It’s almost like a recovering drug addict but the drug is food. This is a four part series that follows four different people and their seven year long journey to get gastric bypass surgery and regain control of their life.

1. Tent City, It’s exactly what it sounds like. A city under a bridge in Tennessee made of tents. These people aren’t exactly homeless. They have rules, they help each other out, and they don’t want to stay homeless forever. This follows a few of its’ residents and how tent city helped them out.