Tajima Ramen House provides customizable ramen dishes

Ramen enthusiasts need not look further than San Diego’s Convoy Street to appease their cravings. Tajima Ramen House provides customers with a considerable variety of menu options, allowing diners to customize their Ramen bowls.

The Japanese dish is traditionally characterized by several elements-broth, noodles, and a variety of toppings. Tajima Ramen House gives diners the opportunity to choose from several flavors of broth, including soy sauce, miso, curry, or their original flavor. Customers may also choose between two types of noodles, and may select from an extensive list of toppings, should they want to add to the soup’s base of pork, egg, seaweed, green onions, and sesame seeds.

Vegan and vegetarian guests would be pleased to learn that Tajima also provides specialty Miso Vegan Ramen. As the name implies, the soup has a miso broth, giving it a salty flavor. Fresh green salad served atop cooked vegetables and seaweed flat noodle give the soup an interesting contrast of textures. Customers are also served an appreciable portion size, which allows guests to make a meal of the soup itself.

Tajima’s menu is not exclusive to its soup however; Garlic Edamame, Seaweed Salad and Fried Tofu are just a few of its a la carte items. The vegetable tempura is a delicious option-vegetables are bathed in a light but hearty batter and served with dipping sauce. A unique feature of this item includes the crispy deep-friend cilantro, displayed beautifully in the center of the dish. Curries, rice bowls, and a plethora of entrees make up the remainder of the menu, giving diners the opportunity to choose from an assortment of Japanese dishes.

Tajima’s menu is not its only noteworthy feature. The restaurant provides seating around a wooden island, using modern decor as a centerpiece and warm lighting for ornamentation. Though ample seating is provided along the periphery of the establishment, guests may find it desirable to arrive earlier in the evening; customers stream into the restaurant well into the night, taking advantage of Tajima’s late operating hours. Thursday through Sunday, the restaurant is open until 2:30 a.m., extending its typical closing time by several hours.

Should diners desire other Japanese cuisine, they can visit Tajima’s two other locations which reside in Kearny Mesa and Hillcrest. The Mercury Street location provides a slight expansion of the menu, offering a variety of sashimi and sushi rolls. Its assortment of options extends into the dessert portion of the menu, offering ice cream and mochi in flavors which include green tea, vanilla, and mango.

Tajima Ramen House proves to welcome diners both in its warm ambience and extensive array of menu items. Regardless of which type of Japanese cuisine customers are looking for, Tajima will readily provide.