Barista’s Choice Starbucks Drinks

When it comes to Starbucks Coffee, every customer has their favorite drink that they get on an almost regular basis. Because of this, people tend to stay in this cycle of avoiding new drinks and or drinks with alterations made.

The exciting thing about being a coffee lover, is that there are endless possibilities as to what you can drink to get your day going. Here are a few drinks you can try to give your tastebuds a new experience.

As a common and popular selection, the iced caramel macchiato is one drink known by almost anyone who has visited a Starbucks. One slight variation you can make to it is to substitute the standard vanilla syrup for raspberry syrup instead to give the drink a sweeter taste to counteract the bold flavor of espresso; it will also give the beverage a aesthetically pleasing look.

Another interesting combination is the iced white mocha with ristretto shots of espresso and also combining it with a few pumps of raspberry. This drink is ideal for any customer with a sweet tooth and love for less bitter coffee. The ristretto espresso is pulled in a way to make the coffee less bitter taste to compliment the sweetness of the syrups used.

For Starbucks lovers who do not genuinely like the taste of legitimate coffee, try an iced green tea latte. Before you think this has coffee, due to the word “latte” in the title, do know this drink is packed with caffeine due only to the matcha green tea powder the drink is based off of; otherwise, the drink is also made with just milk. The twist is to order it sweetened with classic syrup and have it made with coconut milk. Together the milk and syrup create a rich taste to balance out the flavor created with the matcha powder to make the latte.

For hot coffee drinkers, try taking a twist on the original café mocha or white chocolate mocha. Simply combine the two sauces to make a tuxedo mocha, or zebra mocha depending on the barista who is helping you. The trick for this one, is to order half the pumps of each sauce used depending on the size of the drink so there is no overwhelming sweet taste to distract you from the actual presence of coffee. This drink can also be made as a hot chocolate for non-coffee drinkers to enjoy as well.

One last drink you could try for the time being is the seasonal peach green tea lemonade. For this one, try incorporating a couple pumps of the raspberry syrup into it to give it a taste resembling a shirley temple. The trick is to have the full amount of syrup pumps match the usual amount of peach syrup that is used for the standard beverage: i.e. Two peach, one raspberry for a tall size; three peach, one raspberry for a grande; four peach, two raspberry for a venti, and four and a half peach, and two and a half raspberry for a trenta. The pumps of syrup are exact and tedious, but the ratios create a tasteful flavor for your tastebuds.

Trying any of these drinks can have a capability of giving your typical coffee routine a nice change of pace and give you something new and exciting to try on your next visit.