10 Fall Shows That You Need to See

Courtesy+of+Fox+Entertainment+--+Emma+Roberts+
Courtesy of Fox Entertainment — Emma Roberts

The 2016 Fall television season has started with an enormous boom. Not only returning shows, but brand new ones, have been premiering left and right to satisfy viewers who have been waiting all summer. These shows range from the light-hearted comedy series premiere “The Good Place” with Kristin Bell and Ted Danson, to the highly anticipated for and dramatic premiere of “Designated Survivor” starring Kiefer Sutherland.

“The Good Place,” which premiered on Sept. 19 at 10:00 PM on NBC is sure to put a smile on your face. Kristen Bell plays a woman who was wrongfully sent to “the good place,” when it is clear she has stolen someone else’s spot there. Surrounded by overly friendly and cheerful people, Kristen Bell sticks out like a sore (and selfish) thumb. The show will be on for thirteen episodes this season, so don’t panic if you’ve missed the first few, as there is still time to catch up.

“Lucifer,” which premiered on Sept. 19 at 9:00 PM on FOX is a hell of a good time. In Season one, the devil himself, played by Tom Ellis, is tired of his life as the prince of the underworld and decides to move to Los Angeles. Go figure. He soon finds his weakness, Detective Chloe Decker, played by Lauren German, who makes Lucifer mortal when she is around. In the season two premiere of Lucifer his mother has broken free from her prison in Hell and is in Los Angeles. Although the second episode of the second season was delayed a week, have no fear that the next episodes will make up for it.

“The Voice,” which premiered on Sept. 19 at 8:00 PM on NBC is back with Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, and new comers Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keys. This is the eleventh season of the extremely popular show, where each contestant performs a “blind audition” for the four celebrity coaches in the hopes of being picked for their team.  Each coach is rooting for their team of singers to make them the next winner of the voice.

“Scream Queens,” which had its Season two premiere on Sept. 20 at 9:00 PM on FOX is a comedic-horror series that leaves the viewer craving more blood and more foolishness from the Channels. The cast of this show is full of big names such as Emma Roberts, John Stamos, Taylor Lautner, James Earl, Lea Michele, Niecy Nash, Abigail Breslin, Keke Palmer, Billie Lourd, Glen Powell, and Jamie Lee Curtis. If you haven’t already watched it, then its definitely time to start.

“Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” which had its season four premiere on Sept. 20 at 8:00 PM on FOX is a crime-show comedy, starring Andy Samberg as Detective Jake Peralta. With several other popular comedic faces on this show and new cases to solve each week, it is sure to make you laugh and keep you entertained.

“Designated Survivor,” which premiered on Sept. 21 at 10:00 PM on NBC is one that will keep you guessing. Kiefer Sutherland, previously on the beloved series 24, plays a government official who is sworn into presidency when the U.S. Capital building is bombed, killing most of the government officials. With high stakes and even higher emotions, this show is bound to keep you guessing until the end.

“Empire,” which premiered on Sept. 21 at 9:00 PM on FOX is by far one of the best dramas on television and will have you holding onto the edge of your seat. Cookie, played by Taraji P. Henson, is a strong, powerful woman who wants to take back control of her and her ex-husband’s very successful recording label after sometime in the big house. Packed with drama, twists, and turns, this show is determined to keep throwing surprises our way.

“Survivor,” which premiered on Sept. 21 at 8:00 PM is back for its thirty-third season. This seasons theme is “Millennials’ vs. Gen X,” and started the first episode off with the usual backstabbing, alliance-forming antics, and of all things, a cyclone. Nevertheless, all survived the cyclone and still had enough energy and motivation to vote a millennial, Rachael Ako, off the show.

“Superstore,” which had its season two premiere on Sept.22 at 8:00 PM on FOX is your typical thirty-minute sitcom but with a twist. The show, which stars America Ferrera and Ben Feldman, is about the lives of Cloud 9 employees and their wild antics to keep the store, and themselves, intact.

“The Walking Dead,” which will be premiering on Oct. 23 at 9:00 PM on AMC is one of, if not the most, anticipated Fall Show of 2016. Viewers have been waiting anxiously since the dramatic end of Season six where Negan is about to kill one the characters with his bat, “Lucy.” It’s evident that the season seven premiere will be full of emotion, sorrow, and surprise.