Tips & Tidbits: Saving Money in San Diego

10. Taste of India – 6780 Miramar Rd. San Diego 92121
Give in to your Tandoori temptations and visit this little hole in the wall on Miramar. Great Saffron Rice and a Chicken Tikka Masala that’ll make your belly dance it’s way back for seconds.

9. Rubio’s Fresh Mexican Gill – Multiple locations
Get a burrito and get your buzz on! Rubio’s has fresh and reasonably healthy Mexican food. Their sit-in restaurants present a chill, beach environment and offer you a tall cold one – must be of legal age to take advantage here. Please enjoy responsibly.

8. Convoy Tofu House – 4229 Convoy St. Clairemont 92111
Tofu, fish stocks, udon and seaweed; Mmm, mmm, good. Come to this traditional little restaurant for a healthy dinner and leave without turning your pockets out.

7. International Restaurant – 4344 Convoy St., Ste F, Clairemont 92111
This restaurant will leave you cross-eyed by the ample amount of choices available from their menu. Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Japanese foods are just a few of the cuisines awaiting you at this world tour of an eatery.

6. Hodads Restaurant – 5010 Newport Ave. San Diego 92107
This little eatery is a San Diego Favorite. Great burgers, and a traditional menu – Hodads is a sure thing.

5. Corvette Diner – 3946 5th Ave. San Diego 92103
The great American diner – It’s a beautiful thing. Eat breakfast all hours of the day or night, and be sure to try the chocolate milkshakes. It might not damage your wallet, but it’s sure to go straight to your ass!

4. Tommy’s Original World Famous Hamburgers – 7415 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. San Diego 92111
Self-explanatory title. Forget that double double, In & Out is dead to me now. Tommy’s burgers are a San Diego landmark as well as a savory phenomenon.

3. Cotixan Mexican & Seafood – 5201 Genessee Ave. Clairemont 92117
OPEN 24 HOURS!!! After-party what?! Don’t rely on your plastic – this midnight snack, hangover-busting hut of Mexican enjoyment is cash only; and you’re guaranteed to meet some colorful characters inside.

2. Ichiro’s Sushi – 4344 Convoy St. Ste Q, Clairemont 92111
Extremely fresh, thick cut chilled sushi is at it’s best here in Clairemont. The salmon sashimi is always perfect and the seaweed salad is tossed with the perfect mixture. The end of the meal is always complimented by a full scoop of plum ice cream and a glass of plum wine; again, be responsible.

1. Mesa Caf