Dirty Sweet’s new CD is on the rise

Dirty Sweets new CD is on the rise

San Diego’s local band, Dirty Sweet, the band name came from the famous T-Rex song back in the early 70s “Bang a Gong” (Get It On). Is a band on the rise, according to an early review on Dirty Sweet on The New Musical Express.

Dirty Sweet produces, records and writes their own material. They imitate classic rock, taking inspiration from T-rex to Led Zeppelin to the early Rolling Stones.

They are not afraid of mixing it up when it comes to song writing and performing. They are clearly diverse and capable of putting on a great show.

After five shows with Jimmy Eat World in 2003, Dirty Sweet was once again on tour in Europe.

They won over the Netherlands with smashing hits like, “Baby Come Home” and fans favorites “Isabelle” and “Delilah”, leaving them wanting more of their aspiring lyrics and melodies.

Hard rock-n-roll tunes include ” Born to bleed” and “Red River.” These songs move the soul with their superb lyrics and body jumping rhythm.

Lead singer Ryan Koontz, sings from the top of his lungs to uplift the audience and get them singing along by the time the song hits the chorus.

With five group members, Shaun Cornell (Bass), Ryan Koontz (lead vocals), Chris Mendez- Vanacore (Drums), Mark Muriono (Guitar), and Nathan Beale (Guitar), Dirty Sweet fans are in for a treat. They work together to put on a startling show that makes non-fans and fans want to scream ” Dirty Sweet” as loud as they can till they come back out for a couple more songs.

Dirty Sweet was just recently nominated for three San Diego music awards, Best rock band, Best rock album for “Of Monarchs and Beggars” and song of the year for “Born to Bleed”.
Dirty Sweet took home Best Rock and Best Rock Album of the year. This is the second year Dirty Sweet takes home the Best Rock of the year.

Early in April, Dirty Sweet opened for The Killers show at the Rimac Arena at UCSD. The sold out show went incredibly well for them and got them closer to the spectators and critics.

Dirty Sweet continues playing with more well- known artists at popular venues.

On August fourth Dirty Sweet played with Chris Cornell of Audioslave and Sound Garden at the Viejas concerts at the park. They have been rocking the stage at places like the Soma, The Roxy, The Viper Room, and Dirty Sweets’ favorite, The Casbah.

Dirty Sweet has two albums out, one original “Of Monarchs and Beggars,” with six new songs and one E.P. titled “Dirty Sweet” with five original tracks.

Their next show is on Saturday October 6,at the Karl Strauss KarlFest 2007. Tickets are $ 10-15.

As T-Rex once sang, “Well you’re dirty and sweet clad in black.” this hot band is indeed both Sweet and Dirty in their own unique way, though they don’t always dress in black.

For more information on Dirty Sweet, visit dirtysweetmusic.com or myspace.com/dirtysweetmusic.