Radios Silent wins battle of the bands and begins work on first CD

Radios Silent, the winning band of the 2007 Hard Rock Café Battle of the Bands are currently working on their first album that will be coming out this summer.

Though there are a couple of months before summer arrives they’re still hard at work on finishing the CD on time. Especially having to choose 10 to 12 songs from a list of fifty.

The Battle of the Bands started July 29th and went through Nov. 2 of last year. Many different bands played and had a chance to be heard.

Radios Silent had a lucky break and won the contest. As a prize they received a recording and a CD produced by Eduardo Manzano. In Mexico Manzano happens to be a very well known music producer.

They now have a great opportunity and they know the future holds a tough road, though they welcome it with open arms.

Sparky Malone, the youngest band members, formed the band’s concept in 2003. The dream started out when he was twelve and received a keyboard from his parents one Christmas morning. Music started out as a hobby but has grown into so much more for him. Radios Silent started in Tijuana Baja Calif. and while Spanish is the band’s native tongue, the lyrics started in English. Now the lyrics have been translated without losing their meaning.

Some places Radios Silent performed are Ensenada, Rosarito and of course San Diego to name a couple of places.

The clubs and cafes are Dream Street, Hot Monkey Love Café, El Tunnel, Honey Bee Hive as well as counting the Hard Rock Café in Battle of the Bands.

To listen to some of Radios Silent songs their home website is located on Myspace.com.

Their music is just rock though others can say different because of an alternative and jazzy sound. But as Sparky Malone said, “we play what we want and people can label it as they please, but its just music in the end.”

Abraham, Lalo, Luis and Malone the members of Radios Silent each have graduated and have some degree. Abraham is an architect by day and a bass guitarist by night. Lalo is the newest band member who’s an accountant and plays the drums. Luis is the guitar-playing psychologist. And Malone has just recently graduated from SDSU with a degree in criminal justice and is the lead singer and pianist in the band.

This band shows that a dream comes from hard work and education isn’t everything.

The best thing that’s happened to this band was winning the battle of the bands, getting this one-time chance to be known and heard.

Their influence comes from each band member, giving their own flavor to the music. Like 30-year-old bass player Abraham, He may be the oldest in the band but his influence comes from the 80s, giving it some kind of fire.

Lalo gives his experience as a child star to help the band with a great outcome.

They may be young and new, their music may be ‘raw’ but they came all this way to have their music heard.

To be known and have a chance to be in the spot light. The music they play is from deep inside, written by Malone but from the heart. Music is something he and band mates live now. Taking this road to share what they have.