2007 Commencement Ceremony

The 2007 Commencement Ceremony, honoring Mesa graduates will take place on Saturday, June 2, 2007 beginning at 4:00 pm, at the Jenny Craig Pavilion located inside the University of San Diego (USD). The deadline to register for the ceremony is May, 26th.

Students need make sure that current mailing addresses are available on Reg-e and the evaluation office room I3201. If special arrangements are needed for graduates during the Commencement Ceremony please indicate on the registration form, accommodations are available by calling (619) 388-2699, students will need to walk up a flight of stairs. A cap and gown are required to participate in the ceremony and can be purchased at the Mesa Book Store.

To participate in the ceremony register at: www.sdmesa.edu/commencement/register.cfm

Candidates for graduation equal 1403 students. 800 students are candidates for an Associate in Arts Degree, 318 students are candidates for an Associate in Science Degree and 285 are candidates for Certificate of Achievements.

Commencement speaker will be Steve Games, founder and chairman, Prudential Reality. Former Mesa student, Games has been chairman and founder of one of the largest residential real estate brokerages in the nation. With over one hundred offices across Southern California, Prudential California Realty brokered almost 24 billion in sales.

Student Commencement speaker will be Ioane “junior” Tautiaga, recipient of this year’s Parent Participation Scholarship and Associated Students Leadership Scholarship, he will be graduating with an Associate Degree in Real Estate. Junior has been offered athletic scholarships to SDSU, UCLA and UC Berkeley and hopes to receive his Bachelor’s Degree in Legal Studies.

The President’s Reception will immediately follow the ceremony in Eagan Plaza, located in front of the Jenny Craig Pavilion.