And the Oscar goes to, ” An Inconvenient Truth” of hypocrisy

And the Oscar goes to “An Inconvenient Truth” of Hypocrisy

Front man and environmental activist Al Gore took home the Oscar for his award-winning documentary “An Inconvenient Truth” at the 79th Annual Academy Awards in February. However, a little dirt on Gore has been uncovered, placing him in quite a sticky situation.

Nestled somewhere in Gore’s 20-room Nashville estate and pool house rests his proudly won golden Oscar. Perhaps lights illuminate it, the lights that contribute to the roughly 221,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) he ran throughout 2006, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research (TCPR).

We’ll rewind for a moment and compare that to the national average of 10,656 kWh. His bill is roughly 20 times that, quite amazing for the delegate of global warming solutions.

Shall we take a glance at Gore’s average monthly electric bills over the past two years? TCPR found during the year of 2006, the Gore estate racked up an average of $1,359 kWh per month. That is about $100 less than the $1,461 monthly average accumulated during 2005.

My, my, Mr. Gore, you sure are quite the electric consumer. However, it seems just a tad hypocritical, being that Gore was quoted in “An Inconvenient Truth” to say, “I encourage people to make environmentally conscious choices because we all have to solve this climate crisis.”

Perhaps the hybrid car he drives is Gore’s valiant effort to help stop global warming.

As the spokesman for the movement, you might expect just a little more out of him. Lead by example. Show the American people the way it’s really done. Grab the problem by its cojones and go, go, go!

It doesn’t appear Gore invested much thought in his personal lifestyle before creating a documentary explaining to society how to save our environment.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk the walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Drew Johnson, President of TCPR, according to Fox News.

As one can see, Gore’s $30,000 cumulative natural gas and electric bill throughout 2006 would raise a few questions and concerns.

Apparently, once this information was released to the public and brought to Gore’s attention, he certainly had to come up with a rebuttal in his defense. So let’s hear what you’ve got to say for yourself, Al.

“They [the Gore’s] are in the midst of installing solar panels on their home, which will enable them to use less power,” said Gore spokeswoman Kalee Kreider, reported www.abc13.com.

You would think these solar panels would have been well in place before the documentary was released. For instance, one headline promoting the film states, “Al Gore’s personal story and lifelong commitment to stop global warming. A rallying cry for action.”

A “rallying cry?” “Lifelong commitment?” Please. Gore can’t even get his own act together, but finds time to travel the world, flying to and fro on personal jets, in order to promote his idea to the public.

Perhaps his idea was stirring everyone else up and throwing the duty of change onto the public. That way, he can kick back in his Nashville mansion and soak up the sun while relaxing in his heated pool.

Recent fans of his award-winning documentary seem to be thoroughly pissed off and down right disappointed, and rightfully so. Just check out http://news.com.com to read some of the responses and insights the bloggers share.