Calling attention to youthful assets

Calling attention to youthful assets

An abundance of racy t-shirts expressing sexual slurs have been a popular hit among female teens as young as 11 years old. It seems as though these girls long for attention from boys, and to get this, all they have to do is go to the nearest shopping mall to grab one of these must-haves.

These young gals find it appropriate to dress themselves in shirts with slogans such as, “Who Needs Brains When You Have These” written across their underdeveloped breasts. Some of the most popular shirts usually contain some sort of sexual reference while slapping a cute and innocent cartoon on it to make it seem less vulgar.

A good example, which seems to be quite the crowd pleaser, is the “I Like It Doggie Style” t-shirt with a drawing of a weiner dog. These seem to be acceptable among the younger generation and are on sale now for $24.50 at a store near you.

A favorite among fathers contain slogans such as, “Spank Me I’ve Been A Bad Girl,” or “Jail Bait.” And not to worry, for every pre-pubescent boy these shirts make it easier for you to identify the “Proven Penis Enlargers” in your homeroom.

Remember the good old days when it was just a slight sexual innuendo such as “Co-Ed Naked Volleyball,” or the simple “Flirt”? Now it seems to be a billboard advertising empty sexual promises from underage, seemingly inexperienced and immature youngsters. Where are our youth headed?

This fad has been taken to a whole new level. Crossing the bridge to Hussytown might have begun with the infamous Juicy sweat pants, embroidering “JUICY” across the ass. A handful of celebrities kicked off this fashion statement once they found these to be nothing less than adorable. Classy broads like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears and other “Us Weekly” regulars are this generation’s “icons.”

These strategically placed pick-up-lines are eye-catching, yet radically inappropriate. One can only wonder when the generation of punk-rock parents allowed their children to exploit themselves in such a provocative manner.

Given the age range of children buying these shirts, they are more than likely using mommy and daddy’s allowance to purchase them. It is good to know that the hard work these kids put into making their beds and clearing the table supports this popular trend.

A second glance wouldn’t be given to the stereotypical 20-year-old sorority chick found drunk at a frat house on any given weekend, and instead of slurring her drunk pick-up line, she just has to point to her shirt. However, seeing these youngsters running around the neighborhood or chasing down the ice cream truck while wearing promises of debauchery is a whole new issue.

Perhaps the next fashionable step might consist of our generation’s children advertising sex while including a condom sewn onto a t-shirt. Or maybe the Pez candy dispensers could hold fruit flavored birth control pills. This is just a thought.

The current corruption of youth via t-shirts just might be a cry for help to return to innocence. Allowing these shirts to be the standard only perpetuates the issue of growing up too fast. If these parents were to stop for a moment and put a foot down, achieving a generation consisting of virtue and morals could be a possibility.

Those who have younger siblings should be on the lookout. As big brothers, cool cousins and wiser sisters, the suggestive parenting might be left to you. Take notice and take action, stop these kids from missing out on their childhood and undo the damage before it’s done.