San Diego’s biggest perk threatened

San Diegos biggest perk threatened

San Diego Councilman Kevin Faulconer announced his intentions to try and ban alcohol on Mission, Ocean, and Pacific beaches at a news conference on Sep. 4 in Pacific Beach.

A drunken brawl in Pacific Beach on Sep. 3 prompted a squad of police in riot gear to break up the fight. Sixteen people were arrested for fighting and public drunkenness.

This event has raised enough hairs to possibly end the freedom of enjoying a nice cold beer in the sand.
Because of the outrageous behavior, San Diego representatives feel it’s necessary to ban alcohol on the only three beaches left that allow it.

It is the job of San Diego police to weed out the disruptive beach goers from the perfectly tame ones.
Sure, it would be nice for authorities to take away that freedom, because it would make their jobs much easier. In that case, what’s next? No driving past midnight?

Come on, we’re not seventeen anymore.

Every city has its down falls. Ours happens to be our biggest perk as well. The day drinking is banned on Mission Beach, is the day people start spending their summers elsewhere.

First, dogs were banned from the boardwalk and the sand before 6 p.m. Cigarettes were the next to go, creating yet another way to get in trouble at the beach. Now with the prohibition of alcohol, the beach will go from a good time to a bummer.

Arrest the irresponsible drinkers that don’t know their limits, and let us all keep flocking to San Diego for some of the best summer days of our lives

Rather than banning alcohol all together like San Diego has done with cigarettes and dogs before 6 p.m., Faulconer should attempt to raise the fine for fighting and public drunkenness.