Bush pardons, Obama turns his back

President Bush pardons his own tush and Barack refuses to push back for the enforcement of the law, or more specifically, an entire series of laws formally known as the Geneva Conventions. Under the War Crimes Act, violations of the Geneva conventions are felonies and in some cases are punishable by death. When the Supreme Court ruled that the Geneva Conventions rules apply to the same Al Queda and Taliban detainees that the Bush administration have been using as human-bathroom-mops, Bush cackled cowardly. He continued his assault on humanity by introducing a bill, along with a secret provision buried deep within the bill, to pardon Bush and his entire administration for “any possible crime related to torture and mistreatment of detainee’s” leading back to 2001.

The case against the Bush administration for committing war crimes, specifically those authorizing torture in Guantanamo Bay were raised by the Red Cross, which was permitted by the International Standards for Prisons to interview high-value prisoners at Guantanamo Bay. The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How the War on Terror Turned into a War on American Ideals by Jane Mayer chronicles the findings of the Red Cross and describes their submitted report to the CIA, stating American interrogation methods are categorically “torture,” violating both American law and international law. Mayer’s memo states, “…warned that the abuse constituted war crimes, placing the highest officials in the U.S. government in jeopardy of being prosecuted” (Rachel Maddow/MSNBC/Youtube/Red Cross).

This bill was approved by the Senate on September 30. It legalizes torture and pardons Bush along with 157 war criminals for breaking international law and violating the Geneva Conventions. McCain, whose esteemed “Vietnam P.O.W.” status once reflected a stern disapproval for the torture of detainies, now contradicts himself by voting for this torture bill/Bush pardon, recently enacted by it’s approval in the Senate.

Why so paranoid of criminal prosecution Mr. Bush? You’re a man of God! You are privileged as President to proudly preside above God’s law, including one that should acknowledge accountability for your unconstitutional assault on our Geneva Convention, but there is no need to fear. There are no democratic knights in shining armor to interfere with your decision to pardon 157 of your administration’s war criminals.

Obama’s main legal advisor, Cass Sunstein, already arduously agrees that you should be given retroactive immunity for your war crimes. Don’t worry, your gory legacy will be buried by history and only your most “egregious” crimes might be prosecuted. How could people advocate holding you responsible for your role as the most powerful man in the world? One anonymous former Reagan Administration employee is pushing for your pre-emptive pardon, telling the New York Times that he agrees with your self-pardon because your destruction was done in “good faith.” Besides, long-term investigations might prevent you from “taking chances” on making money out of this nations suffering.

Perhaps we have misjudged you. You’re only one man, albeit one man with the power to forgive 157 criminals, including yourself. Conservative critics complain that compared to Reagan you’re a pathetic pardoner. His pardon total reached 409 over the course of his 2 terms. You’ve even disappointed an impeached president. The infamous Bill Clinton looks down upon you from his tower of 459 pardons.

Unfortunately for you Mr. President, most constitutional law experts, particularly Jonathon Turley from George Washington University, believe all crimes are egregious. When is it your job to uphold and protect the constitution? You need to stop pretending you commit violations of it in “good faith.” “I don’t know what a non-egregious crime by a president or administration might be, what bothers most is this pattern that the White House refuses to impeach under any circumstance,” stated John Turley (YouTube/MSNBC) and I agree. However, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi prefers serving sanguine interests over lacking profit in promoting peace, “Impeachment is off the table” (Nancy Pelosi/CNN/Blitzer/Youtube). Well, it wasn’t for a prior president’s personal matters, but apparently Congressman Dennis Kucinich’s 35 impeachable offenses are worthy of pardon.

Democrats seem to be working very hard in assuring Republican voters that they’re not going to re-open these issues, in which case Bush’s crimes will be buried for all time. Cass Sunstein’s comments have lead many to loose faith in the Obama, who espouses change, hope, and progress. Especially since Obama refuses to vindicate, “8 years of moral relativism and avoidance of legal process,” (Jonathon Turley – MSNBC interview with Keith Olberman/Youtube). He is uncommitted to our future, all crimes are egregious, and any politician who refuses to accept the straight forward proposition of prosecuting crimes committed by either party or administration should not be running for president and should not hold a seat in our senate.

If a president preemptively pardons himself for crimes he has knowingly committed against humanity and his most popular rival party member agrees to forgive him, we are seeing more of the same from different faces. Not change, nor equality. Eight years of the worst presidential foreign policy will be buried by Obama, whom chooses to agree in abusing our democracy by not exposing egotistical authority and is instead letting George B’s legacy of treachery repeat as unlearned history.

In the game of poli-tricks, politics sound like a pretty word for fools to swallow, here are Sunstein’s: “Prosecuting government officials risks a ‘cycle’ of criminalzing public service, and Democrats should avoid replicating retributive efforts like the impeachment of President Clinton – or even the slight appearance of it.”