Pumpkin Latte from Starbucks

It comes once a year, the signs outside the store plague the windows. The advertisements start flooding emails and magazines. The pumpkin spice latte has returned to Starbucks for the Holiday season. It’s aroma intoxicates your senses once you walk in.

The spice, the pumpkin wafting in the air. But it this long awaited latte really up to the hype it gets, from not only the employees but as well as the customers. I decided to take the leap and taste once of these crazed drinks. The warm liquid was welcoming to the cold morning of a Monday. But the slight taste of pumpkin which was overwhelmed by the strong aftertaste, ruined my experience. I took several more tastes, trying to re evaluate the taste. But still the overpowering after taste overcame the drink. Thinking i just had a bad cup, i traveled to another Starbucks, but unfortunately i was met with the same taste. Was this the famous pumpkin spice latte that everyone seemed to be in love with?

Maybe i was the only one with the defective taste buds. So i went up to a few customers, and asked if they ever had the drink and if they ever enjoyed it. With the mini poll i came to find out that only 4 out of 10 customers disliked the drink, quoting that the taste was too strong, or they just didn’t like the taste of pumpkin. The customers who were favorable to the drink, seemed to enjoy the strong taste saying ” the kick of spice in the end is a perfect pick me up in the morning, it feels like i’m eating a caking while drinking this.”

But with all of us with our own taste preferences it isn’t surprising that even though many people seemed to dislike it, its still one of the most ordered drink in the season. So even though my experience wasn’t up to par. I still recommend tasting the latte and putting your own perspective in the taste. The pumpkin spice once again takes the customers taste buds this season.