Fetish Misconceptions?

What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a fetish event? Preconceived notions aside, they are much different than one would expect. The environment is entirely relaxed and the fetish community is very intent on making all newcomers feel as comfortable as possible. These events are more about making sure everyone has a good time rather than the assumed sexual aspect.

Fetish Ball, presented by Horns and Halos Productions, took place October 12 at The Venue of Scottsdale, located in Scottsdale, Arizona. This event was 18 and up to attend and 21 and up to drink and offered VIP tickets to a room located on the second story of the venue. One might assume that at these events it’s just a bunch of kinky and sexual people getting together for a big orgy. It’s just the opposite. Everyone dresses up in crazy, sexy costumes, with most including chains, corsets, leather, and boots. Most of the women and even some of the men arrive in outrageous makeup.

Fetish Ball is more like a party than anything else and might even fall into the same category as a rave. There are performers and bands playing throughout the night as well as vendors selling handmade crafts, such as costumes, pins, and even whips and paddles. Attendees can also participate in different activities such as getting flogged, getting hot candle wax poured on their bodies, swinging from the ceiling in a metal cage.

On the VIP floor you get access to more, such as private shows from belly dancers, bondage shows, a hookah bar, and as much food as you want. For a period of time you can even eat off live humans, from dipping cookies into chocolate syrup and whipped cream off of a girl to penis shaped sushi off another. The VIP pass also gives access to the after party at a hotel the production company buys out. There, it’s an open bar, more food and more private performances.

While you’re enjoying all of these activities, you meet tons of new people and everyone is always very friendly. You’re constantly taking pictures with people and people are constantly asking you to take pictures with them.

Although these events promote sex and fetishes, they also provide information on how to engage in these activities safely and properly. The fetish community is very tight knit and pushes the idea of having fun but with caution. This is a place of acceptance.