Mesa to allow COVID-19 testing on campus

Photo Credit: Kyle Ayson/The Mesa Press

This building has been allocated on Mesa’s campus for COVID-19 testing.

Julian Hernandez, Staff Writer

With the new COVID-19 variant on the rise, San Diego Mesa College is now home to a new testing site for COVID-19. Free COVID-19 testing has been approved by the city of San Diego for an on-campus testing site. Although most classes are still held online, there is a progressive push towards the commitment of aiding students back into the classroom, through a safe and efficient way. 

Located in English Village, Bungalow #1, the San Diego Mesa College COVID-19 testing center is currently open throughout the week, testing on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. Times for each testing site are from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., respectively.

Vaccination records are now a requirement for the safe return for on-campus learning, for those who have medical or religious exemptions from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, the testing center is ideal for those who are taking the step forward for in-person learning.

San Diego Mesa Student Holly Walsingham, was excited about the new testing center: “The testing center is good for not only the campus, but the community as well… hopefully people utilize the resources given so we can entirely return to on-campus learning!”

More free testing sites throughout the San Diego Community College District are available as well, with testing sites being conducted at City College and Miramar College.