Haggen: Over and Done With

Photo Credit: instagram.com/haggenfood

After being in southern California for only a few months, the supermarket chain Haggen is now a declared bankrupt company that had no option but to close its doors and shut down.

With that being said, so many of its employees will soon have no place of work. These employees have families to take care of and even themselves to take care of.

People don’t really feel bad for the actual chain going down, but instead they feel for those who have nothing to fall back on after their work at Haggen.

Haggen isn’t providing any help for these people at all; they won’t even give any sort of compensation to their employees. It is very unfortunate and very sad what these people will be put through because an employer couldn’t deal with its faults.

Haggen was immediately pushed aside in many people’s heads because of their over-the-top high prices. Haggen had taken over the old supermarket known as Albertsons. Albertsons was already a bit on the pricey side according to many people, just like Vons, but not quite as expensive as Haggen.

High prices with a lot of supermarket competition around is not a good mix. Of course people are going to go where they can get more for their money, it’s just the smart thing to do. Haggen had refused to lower their prices and it was biting them in the back. Their sales weren’t doing well and as a result of that, they lost a large amount of customers.

They were very stubborn and determined to stay as they are with no want to change, which led them to their brutal demise and potentially owing money to Albertsons.

Albertsons has filed a lawsuit against Haggen for “…breaching the purchase agreement and committing fraud,” According to the Las Vegas Review- Journal.

Of course, Haggen isn’t going down without a fight. They have fired back by filing their own lawsuit against Albertsons.

This dispute isn’t going to do anything for the thousands of employees that are innocent in all of this. They are the ones who will suffer the most.

It’s quite an unfortunate situation and not a very flattering way of going away for the company. Seeing all those “Everything must go” signs is quite sad. However, people can’t help but to wonder if it happened for their own good. Haggen got on a high horse and didn’t want to come down and in the end they fell down.