Cross Country team works for successful season

Coach Renee Ross is ready to see what is ahead for her Cross Country team.

“I am excited for this season as we have a team of freshmen ladies,” said Ross, “They have worked hard through the summer preparing and continued to impress on the early meets as they can compete against four year colleges.”

As a team the Mesa College Cross Country team hopes to be successful as any other sports team would. They’re working extremely hard to be all that they can be. Being that the team is full of freshmen ladies, many would probably assume the worst with concerns of inexperience of competing on a college level. Coach Ross doesn’t seem to have that concern because she knows that these ladies have shown and proved what they can actually do.“We have a lot of talent with these freshmen ladies. They have room to grow and improve.” stated Ross.Ross seems very sure about the athletic futures of these ladies.

“They are doing a great job and look solid in many races.”

Ross is guiding this team as a coach, but she acknowledges that their endeavors wont be met without two specific runners.

“We always want to improve each season and we have done just that with Jordan Linsky and Monique Anguiano leading the way.”

Although, they had successful previous seasons, Ross wants to focus on what is ahead and keep the teams eyes on the prize.

“As a team we would like to repeat and win a conference championship as well as compete at the State Meet, “ said Ross, “ we are working on cohesion, really sticking together as a team when we race. “

Mesa’s Cross Country team has dedicated so much time and effort throughout the summer and have worked on team building and focusing on achievements together and individually. They have realized and became familiar with the idea of working along each other’s side to reach their goals.

“We are really excited about how far this team will go.” said Coach Ross.