Ciara Williams displays academic excellence

Ciara Williams is a freshman center on the Mesa Women’s basketball team coming from Serra High School here in San Diego. Standing at the height of 6’0 she gives all of her competitors a run for their money with nice post moves and strong rebounds. Williams began her basketball career during her freshman year of high school. In high school she was just as much as a relentless player as she is now except her skill is improving continuously. “I strive to be the best and help my teammates,” said Williams. She hustles on the court and uses her height and knowledge of her position to give her opponents a hard time when trying to keep up. Many that know the game of basketball know that being a center is one of the most aggressive positions in the sport and you have to be prepared to take a couple elbows to the face. Ciara handles the physical contact with ease and just does her job that she has on the team. It’s interesting to see her transform into a whole other person once she gets on the court. “Me as an outside person I am more nice but as I go into the game I’m more aggressive and more mean I guess you can say” said Williams. Ciara isn’t done with basketball anytime soon, she plans on going all the way in her basketball career and making a living off of the sport. “ I hope in the future I can go and play in the WNBA.”