One of the largest festivals of every year, Coexist in Coachella next year

TNS
The sun sets on Day 2 of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival at the Empire Polo Grounds in Indio, Calif., on Saturday, April 11, 2015. (Brian van der Brug/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

Coachella is one of the largest and most profitable music festivals in the U.S. People of all ages gather together in Indio, California for an unforgettable experience. It is held in the Inland Empire’s Coachella Valley in the Colorado Desert where many enjoy their weekend watching live music which is set up in several stages. Many choose the option to camp out on the campground for an opportunity to meet new people and to get more in touch with the Coachella vibe. Founded in 1999, this art festival has evolved into a two separate weekend gathering where musicians perform the exact line up in both weekends.

Artists like Drake, Jay-Z, Jhene Aiko, Gwen Stefani to entertainers like Calvin Harris, Beyonce, ACDC, Arcade Fire, G-Eazy, Goldroom and Lorde have all performed on a Coachella stage. Along with other musicians, this festival is sure to provide a variety of music genres to satisfy any persons preference.

Aside from the live music, many people go for the art and entertainment. From the fashion to the decorative recycling bins around the campground, it is all so eye catching. Every corner has something artistic to admire, from stage to stage theres a piece of art separating each stage theme from another. The little details such as different colored lights that beam towards the palm trees at night, to the huge ferris wheel attraction are the little things that make Coachella so magical and worthwhile.

Celebrities have also been seen experiencing the music festival and some take the time to take pictures with excited fans. Zoe Kravitz, Amber Rose, Jaden Smith, Bella Thorne, Olivia Culpo, Alessandra Ambrosia, Ed Westwick, Robert Pattinson and other celebrities have been spotted enjoying themselves throughout the years.

Though this festival has grown throughout the years, many seem to have forgotten what Coachella is really known for; it’s art. Indio police are expecting to arrest 120 to 150 people per weekend for possession of illegal drugs, fake IDS and public intoxication. Around 60 people were arrested on the first weekend for drug charges, some resulting in felonies. Indio police states that the second weekend is usually worse than the first. Bringing alcohol and drugs into the festival has become an uncontrollable factor. You must be at least 18 years old to camp out on the Coachella site, what makes security think that there is no underage drinking happening? There should be more control which could possibly result in less arrests and minimize the illegal actions.

Coachella is estimated to continue through the year 2030. Every year it is getting more and more artistic and detailed with entertainment in every corner. For many who were curious about the music genres, there is a wide range of artists performing through out the day and night. It is definitely a festival that many could afford and enjoy. With a payment plan option and a mid-year purchase option there is no excuse not to experience one of the largest festivals in California.