Country Must Be Country Wide

It’s a movement that started to become vastly popular over the last couple of years. Although many of these artists have been making music for the last decade, Country music has really been making its way to the top with its heart warming and feel-good lyrics and music. Popular artists From Tim McGraw and Kenney Chesney to Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean have transformed country music as we once knew it 20 or more years ago.

Country music has many artists that originally made the music popular such as Conway Twitty, Johnny Cash, and Hank Williams. They were the slower sounding, original country music artists whose lyrics consisted of topics such as love and family and other things with moral values. A later generation of country fast paced but was still strongly considered country music. Now the most recent generation of country music has really picked up the pace to its music and added new lyrics that may have started some controversy.

Over the last 10 years, the genre of country has added more of a rock sound to its music. This has probably been the biggest controversy to the people who has loved country since its earlier days because fans say it isn’t country anymore. Fans tend to say it’s a hybrid of the two genres. But despite this relatively recent change, country has drawn in more listeners and fans than ever before.

The best part about this new rave over country music is the positive energy that surrounds it. I have personally been to a few country concerts with my friends and when you are listening to the soothing sound of this newer country with other people you enjoy being with you can’t help but to feel happy. Knowing that this music can have this kind of affect on people also gives me satisfaction because it truly brings people together in a positive way.