Terror with current terrorism

TNS
President Obama is scheduled to make a stop on Friday, Dec. 18, 2015, in San Bernardino, Calif., to privately visit the families of some of the victims of the December 2nd terrorist attack. Protesters took to street corners to voice their opposition to both Obama and ISIS, including anti-Obama protester Deann D’Lean, right, in San Bernardino on Friday evening. (Michael Robinson Chavez/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

32 people dead, approximately 270 people injured; The Brussels Airport took on two explosions and moments later there was a third attack at Maalbeek Metro Station in March of this year. Isis took responsibility for the crucial assault. This bombing connected back to last years November attack in Europe that killed 130 people. Among the current bombing, several americans were included in the incident.

An example as to why such violence is occurring could be because people are beginning to feel helpless with the social and political injustice. Civilians are finding the courage to take matters into their own hands, resulting in chaos. Innocent lives are being taken in the process of proving a point. It seems as though violence is the last and only option for getting a message across. It is ludicrous to think that such matters have taken place in order to have a voice heard.

14 people killed, approximately 22 people wounded; The San Bernardino terror attack in December of last year alarmed California and the U.S in general. A couple named Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik striked Riverside City College and the 91 freeway. With the plotting help of Farook’s long time friend, Enrique Marquez, the couple attacked students as they fled out of the college, set bombs in the cafeteria and opened fire onto the freeway during rush hour.

6 people killed, 2 people injured; Two military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee in July, last year, were shot at by Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez. There was never a clear motive behind his actions, although Abdulazeez shared that he was displeased with the U.S government and it’s control with war. It also looked like Isis had nothing to do with his outrage, making his drug use the probably motive.

Attackers will always have an alternative way to get their point across or to prove a point or share their opinion. It is known that terrorism attacks are an exaggeration of how frustrated or angry the terrorist is towards something. It is a domino effect of how the attacker is feeling, whether they are socially or politically troubled. Why is such an extreme method like terrorism taking place in order to make a point?

3 people dead, 9 people wounded; In November of last year, a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs, Colorado was attacked by an armed man with a rifle who surrendered after more than four hours of shooting. The shooter named Robert Lewis Dear walked in and began to fire. There was no clear reason behind his shooting towards the clinic. A motive behind his attack would be the action of anti-abortion protests that were taking place at that moment that was causing quite a riot at the time.

People reach the extremes and believe that terrorist tactics are most effective. The controversy with gun control and gun rights can come to one’s attention when reading of these incidents that make headline news. It doesn’t take much to have personal ownership of your own gun, let alone, access to fire one. There could be a drop in terrorism if the access to guns minimized and was in more strict control.