Mesa Fashion

Paolo+Sumayoa%2C+Fashion+and+Business+
Rebecca Henshaw
Paolo Sumayoa, Fashion and Business

Many people walk around campus all day “serving looks” unnoticed. The Mesa Press wanted to showcase a few outfits worn by our very own peers. Coming to school can be difficult at times, especially with parking alone being a struggle, but being able to come to class looking fresh, that’s a whole different level. Pictured here are a few of students who had their own individual styles and opinions about fashion themselves.

Paolo Sumayao, an early grad, is so involved in fashion that he is in the works of designing his very own shoes for Vans. He commented on fashion saying, “that’s my passion, the first time I designed a shoe, my friends began to ask me about them,” prompting him to continue his path through fashion and design.

Patience Viscuso caught eyes sporting a soft white faux fur jacket, even on a humid day. When asked where she shopped for looks she responded with, “thrifts, Plato’s, and the sale section,” proving that fashion doesn’t need to come at a high price or a named brand. Finding gently used clothes, keeping them clean and wearable, Patience added “if it’s not old, it’s not trendy!”

First-year student Christina Rodriguez made simple look chic when applying accesories to what could have been a plain outfit. Her look was complete and had a little bit extra to make it look special. Christina said that some of her favorite places to search for looks were “Charlotte Russe and Forever 21.”

Brandon Torrence and Lamar Waller showed off their individual styles commenting on the relationship about fashion and personality. Lamar said, “I like to dress like Travis Scott, but I have my own style with a little twist, more creative.” Sporting the long tee shirt similar to that of the rapper, Lamar managed to make the look his own. Brandon commented about his own style stating, “I like to dress how I feel, it expresses my personality.”

Every day the students of Mesa express themselves differently, expressing who they are, and what they are. Fashion is a way to expression one’s self through clothing, jewlery, etc. whether copied or creative. Mesa will continue to serve looks and keep the campus looking “fresh to death”