Mesa College’s Dance Team impresses audience once again with their show

Sue Brenner Photography
Mackenzie Thate and Kenneth Harian stole the show with their contemporary duet

Semester after semester, Mesa College’s Dance Team presents their work towards the end of the semester to an audience full of students, family members, friends, and Mesa’s faculty and staff.

This year’s show, “Dance Spectrum,” took place at The Joan B. Kroc Theatre at The Salvation Army Kroc Center from Nov. 1 to Nov. 3 at 7:30 p.m. The dances were choreographed by Donna Flournoy, Blythe Barton, Melissa Adao, Nancy Boskin-Mullen, Raul Gomez, Faith Jensen-Ismay, Daniel Marshall, and Jill Rovatsos.  

The recital showcased a wide range of dance styles, such as Jazz, Hip Hop, Modern, Contemporary, Urban Choreo, Musical Theater, Tap, and Fusion. The show consisted of ten choreographies, plus a final dance with all of the dancers. Over 30 dancers participated in this semester’s recital.

The Dance Program at Mesa offers over 40 courses, including multiple levels of ballet, modern dance, jazz, tap, Latin dance, and a selection of world dance forms, which are later exhibited in the recital by the large group of dancers.

All three shows began and ended on time, which depicted the hard work from the dancers and how serious they took their work. The audience was filled by friends and family supporting the dancers which were later waiting outside to greet them and congratulate them.

Tickets were selling for $12 on pre-sale or $15 at the door.