Mesa College accreditation renewed for six years

Students of Mesa College can rest assured that they are receiving the finest education the school has to offer as the Accrediting Commission for Community (ACCJC) and Junior Colleges and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) have approved the renewal of Mesa’s accreditation.

The renewed accreditation will remain valid for a period of six years after which the school must reapply.

Accreditation shows that the education received by the student body meets the quality standards set by the ACCJC and the WASC. This also assures the validity of any degrees or certifications a student receives from their chosen college or university.

Mesa College, in addition to its renewed accreditation, also received a number of commendations for its student services leadership and student engagement, as well as its extensive work in diversity and the Board of Trustees self-evaluation process.

The campus also received a collection of five recommendations for improvement and is required to submit a report on at least three of them by March 15, 2011. The three mandatory reports must address the recommendations regarding the integration of technology, planning, and program review in administrative services.

The reinstatement of Mesa’s accreditation is excellent evidence of the high quality of education the campus provides to its students and will continue to provide its students for years to come.