SDG&E Offers Discount

With the stress of school starting and the high cost of books San Diego Gas and Electric, SDG&E, is offering up to a 35 percent savings in utility bills and many college students are eligible for the savings.

A press release from SDG&E states that there are many students not taking advantage of The California Alternate Rates for Energy Program, or CARE, that already serves 300,424 residents. There are approximately over 55,000 people that are still eligible for the discount. Among those eligible “includes the large population of local college and university students,” according to the press release.

With gas prices on the rise again and winter around the corner students should not hesitate to jump on this offer.  Higher gas prices means that there will be less money in wallets and with winter coming appliances and heaters will be running longer and later so that will also be putting a dent into students spending as well.

Eligibility is based on yearly income and number of occupants in the house. For more information go to www.sdge.com