First Homecoming at Mesa

San Diego Mesa College is putting on the first ever Homecoming event to bring together past and present students, faculty and staff members to have a good time and enjoy some football.

Homecoming will take place Saturday Oct. 20 at 5 p.m. just above the Mesa football field at the new athletics plaza near parking lot 3. The festivities include a Mesa Memories booth, trivia, drawings and at 6 p.m., a football game.

The cost is $10 to partake and that includes a meal, which includes a hot dog, chips and soda, and a ticket to the football game. The Olympians are taking on Victor Valley College at 6 p.m. at Merrill Douglas Stadium.

It gives a chance for members of the Mesa community to come together from past and present and discuss their experiences about school life and what has changed or stayed the same.

“…ASG will be hosting the Mesa memories booth, where you can record and share your favorite Mesa memories,” ASG President Roberto Rosas said.

According to sdmesa.edu/alumni, Mesa planned this homecoming to build momentum for students and staff to come back for the 50th anniversary of San Diego Mesa College which is still two years away.

Mesa would also like to acknowledge all the athletes and coaches that have passed through Mesa. A strong showing by all of the teams last year at Mesa had many of them winning conference and coach of the year titles. Continue to support Mesa athletics and not only attend the football game, but check out the student athletes that compete for Mesa.

For more information on events at Mesa, be sure to check out sdmesa.edu or facebook.com/SanDiegoMesaCollege/events