Halloween Happenings

The month of October has finally hit, and if you’re like the rest of us, October marks the start to the rest of the year’s wonderful festivities.

As one walks through the stores we are bombarded with Christmas decorations or even some Thanksgiving things, but it is only the beginning of October and we still must prepare ourselves for the next holiday upon us, Halloween.

What better way to prepare oneself for the beginning of fall and an exciting Halloween then by getting under ones skin and getting scared! All month, the city of San Diego offers haunted houses every weekend for the entire month of October, and of course Halloween day.

While the city offers many haunted house attractions, some are said to be better than others. The scariest tour has been the San Diego Ghosts & Gravestones Tour. This tour drives its guests around on a trolley visiting the most notorious and haunted areas in San Diego. Some have said to they’ve witnessed orbs, ghosts, and other strange paranormal activity. The trolley takes you to Maritime Museum, Gaslamp Quarter, Whaley House. All locations have real history of humans from centuries ago who to this day have their ghosts roaming the areas, one of the locations is even said to be Travel Channel’s America’s Most Haunted.

This specific trolley tour has been open since September but will stay busy until Halloween. A bit pricier for this elaborate tour, reaching $29 for adults and $25 for children between ages 6 -12. Purchasing tickets online is also available. The Ghosts and Gravestones Tour of San Diego is professional and a fun way of learning San Diego’s history. This tour in confident in making your stay worthwhile and offer a 100% money back guarantee. If interested for more information, please visit ghostsandgravestones.com.

More haunted houses in the area include The Scream Zone at Del Mar Scaregrounds. This haunted house also has been going on since September and will continue through until Halloween night. If interested, one can visit delmarfairgrounds.com where they provide information on the haunted house and what one may expect, and even as detailed as the demographics of the scary tour. Unlike the San Diego Ghosts & Gravestones Tour, this haunted house will remain on foot.

Another way to get involved in the Halloween spirit is by being part of the production of a haunted house! Mira Mesa Monster Manor allows the involvement of teenagers who may feel as if they are too old for trick-or-treating. They would learn set construction, special effects, makeup, wardrobe and even acting! This venue is a way to keep kids safe and having fun on Halloween. Unlike the other haunted houses stated earlier, this particular one will begin October 18th and continue every weekend until Halloween. Admission is $10 -$13 and will be located in the AT&T parking lot in front of Target, 8251 Mira Mesa Boulevard.

Get excited! Halloween is a time to let loose, be different, and get scared. There are options for everyone this year, from the thrill seekers who plan on attending the Ghosts and Gravestones Tour, to the couch lovers and Hocus Pocus watchers. Enjoy the month, and take advantage of the entertainment San Diego has to offer for this Halloween.

haunted-cemetery