If I Only Had a Brain

Ex-Miss California Carrie Prejean has been plastered across millions of television screens across the country, and I am tired of Prejean-vision when there are other substantial people that should be interviewed instead of her.
The Vista native grabbed the spotlight when she stood on her “soapbox” in opposition to same-sex marriage stating, “I’m for opposite-marriage”. By “opposite-marriage”, she means marriage between a man and a woman. She would have been better off utilizing this overused quote: “God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve”.
After, the fiasco with her answer during the Miss California Pagaent, Prejean grabbed headlines again when racy photos of her were leaked on the Internet. Many considered the photos to be inappropriate, while Donald Trump considered the half-naked photos of her to be “beautiful”. The worst was yet to come.
Just when you thought the Prejean controversy would have died down, a solo act sex tape that she made for her ex-boyfriend was leaked. Prejean went on interviews claiming that it was not a sex tape because she was not engaging in a sexual act with another individual; she was merely engaging in a sexual act with herself for her boyfriend’s viewing pleasure. It was not enough to lose her title for the “non-sex tape”. She decided to sue pageant officials for $1 Million for religious discrimination for her answer to the same-sex marriage question and slander because of the sex-tape scandal. Prejean discretely reached a settlement with pageant officials.
After the settlement, Prejean decided to “write” an autobiography titled Still Standing, in which she describes her upbringing, life and constant battles with the media since the pageant. In this book she also compares herself to former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, who also has “written” a book titled Going Rogue.
At first I was appalled that Prejean could compare herself to someone like Palin who has been a governor of state, raised a child with down-syndrome and has experience on the campaign trail. Then I thought about it and came to the conclusion that these women have more in common than meets the eye. The two women have been pageant queens (Miss California and Miss Wasilla), have “written” books, are conservatives, possess little political knowledge, both of their last names begin with the letter P and lastly Conservative talk show host Sean Hannity can’t stop drooling over them during interviews. Hannity also wrote the forward for Prejean’s book.
In one final unsurprising act, Prejean appeared on Larry King Live to promote her book and discuss the lawsuit against Miss California pageant officials. However, when King asked Prejean about the lawsuit and her motive for the settlement, she responded with, “You’re being inappropriate Larry, and I’m about to leave your show.” Prejean apparently makes threats, not promises because she stayed. To cause more of a scene, Prejean took off her microphone when King suggested they move past the settlement to take questions from callers. When King asked her if she heard the question from the viewer she responded with “No, Larry I did not hear the question and you’re being inappropriate.” Try putting your microphone back on and you might be able to hear the question. Prejean’s Larry King Live interview became the much-deserved butt of many jokes on late night television, including The Jimmy Kimmel Show.
The joke was far from over. Prejean is a conservative and the Republican Party is in the minority in the Senate and the House of Representatives. John McCain picked Palin to be his VP candidate to try and steal the Hillary Clinton voters from the Democrats. Just when you thought the GOP could not be more desperate for votes, Republican representative Jason Chaffetz of Utah gave his two cents. He decided to encourage Prejean to run for office. His reason? Because she has “star power”; and by star power he means she’s an attractive blonde with augmented breasts. Just because he wants to have sex with her does not mean she should run for office.
Considering all of these things, Prejean should be on her way to see the wizard. She is definitely missing her brain, or at least a few thousand neurons.