What a Trump Presidency Means for You

A Brief Glimpse into how Trump will Make America Great Again

As the dust continues to settle and the smoke clears from Election Day, important questions start to emerge. Among others, “How did this happen?,” “Why did we allow a racist pig to get elected”, “What should we do now?” But here’s a question everyone should ask themselves: “What does this mean for me?”

For starters, to all those who scream “He’s not my president!”, he will be president of this country. So he is, in a sense, your president. He got himself elected with the promise he’d “make America great again.” He is all but guaranteed to do just that.

He’s going to build a wall, obviously. It’s going to stop illegal immigration, or at least curb it. That will save this country billions of tax dollars in the long run, money the country could use for other purposes. Also, the lack of illegal immigrants will contribute to a noticeable drop in inner-city crime and car accidents.

He also promised to rebuild America’s crumbling infrastructure. All that money, being used on roads and buildings, will affect you in ways you could not possibly imagine

If you’re with the LGBT crowd, you need lose no sleep. Trump stands by gay rights. And no, despite what some people fear, he won’t send gays to concentration camps.

In terms of foreign policy, Trump plans to rebuild relationships with countries America has lost trust with, particularly Russia. If there’s anyone who was happy about Trump’s win, it was Russian president Vladimir Putin. The Cold War between 1945-1991 was hard on both countries. Trust, once lost, is hard to regain. Building a strong relationship between the two countries will hopefully stave off a destructive war in the future. On the flip side of the coin, if Hillary Clinton won, this would most likely devolve into a game of Russian Roulette, with all the cylinders loaded.

Along similar lines, after he was elected, Russia and Syria asked for peace.

In addition, Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte, who drew comparisons to Trump during his own presidential campaign, welcomed “reconciliation” with the United States, after Trump’s election.

Getting  back to a more local level, Trump will bring less crime and more jobs to the American people. As for the economy, in an interview with the Washington Post, he said that we might be headed for recession. But now, he made himself open to the idea of his being in charge of finding a remedy.

He also will bring about changes in current policies and programs, including (but by no means being limited to:)

A major tax code overhaul

Repealing or replacing Obamacare

Renegotiating or withdrawing from NAFTA

Reforming the VA (which is badly needed)

Imposing import tariffs

What’s even more incredible: He plans to do this while keeping the deficit down, growing the economy, and leaving entitlement programs such as Social Security and Medicare in check.

That’s just a fraction of what Trump is going to do. It seems expensive, and not just monetarily, but some sacrifices need to be made for the greater good of making America great again. These effects will eventually reach all Americans like you and I.

And that is what a Trump presidency means for us.

Oh, and one more thing: I’d also suggest not running to Canada. Their immigration laws are tougher than ours, and it’s mighty cold in the winter.