Something Newsy Episode 37

Anna, Jacob, Kalin and Hanna discuss some of their Thanksgiving traditions, memories, and experiences.

$270
$500

About the Contributors
Alysse Dodge, Editor-in-Chief
Alysse Dodge is the Co-editor-in-chief for the Mesa Press. This is her second semester working for the Mesa Press. Alysse grew up in Orange County and moved to San Diego County when she began college. In her free time, she loves to surf and spend a lot of time outdoors. She also loves photography, reading, and writing. With that said, she is majoring in journalism with the ultimate goal to write for a surf magazine.
Kalin May, News Editor
Kalin is a third year student at San Diego Mesa College. She is majoring in journalism. She aspires to move to LA to pursue her bachelors in journalism and work in public relations. In free time she enjoys taking photos and going thrift shopping.  
Jacob Villanueva, Staff Writer
Jacob Villanueva is a staff writer for The Mesa Press. This is his first year on the press and Jacob is currently a Journalism Major. He was born and raised in San Diego and transferred to Mesa from Butte college in Oroville, California. Jacob played baseball since he was four years old and decided to hang the cleats just this August. He has two dogs so that's pretty cool. His goal is to one day become a sportswriter and get Pete Rose and Barry Bonds into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Hana Marrone, Features Editor
This is Hana Marrone from the Mesa Press. This is her second semester as the editor for the features section. She plans to transfer to San Diego State University to continue her education in journalism. She hopes to become a travel writer. In her free time she enjoys playing soccer, going to the beach and surfing with friends.
Anna Pham, Staff Writer
Anna is a staff writer for the Mesa Press. This is her first time writing for any kind of publishing team and hopes to gain experience as a journalist. She started her first year at San Diego Miramar College and then transferred to San Diego Mesa College during her second year majoring in Hospitality, but then realized that she wanted to try something else. After taking a break for two years, she decided to major in journalism as of Fall 2021, hoping her skills as a writer can help her find a career she enjoys. She was born in San Diego, California and has lived there her whole life. She is Vietnamese but can also understand and speak some Japanese. She hopes to study more as a side hobby. Exploring different food places, painting and gaming are also some of her favorite hobbies. She also has an adorable corgi named Nero. Anna plans on graduating from Mesa College with an associate's degree for transfer and hopes to finish her education as an undergraduate at CSU Long Beach in the Fall of 2023. She also hopes to start her own blog and aspires to become a food critic.
$270
$500