Lady Olympians basketball games streaming live online

Should you not be able to make it to any of the Mesa Lady Olympians Women’s basketball team’s games this semester, you can still watch their games, by a new mean.

Head coach Michael Hootner has the Lady Olympians’ (8-14 overall, 2-5 in division) games streaming live on the Internet at “www.justin.tv/mhootner” this season for more than just convenient viewing. The Lady Olympians’ next game, Wednesday vs. Imperial Valley College in El Centro will be streaming online for all to see.

Hootner has all the games from this season online minus the first game of the season and will continue to stream the games online.

Nowadays it is very common for teams to record games and even practices, but generally this is for their own use in studying film.

Hootner does this for two other reasons, “it’s a good tool for recruiting and can give family’s the chance to see the games.”

In the college athletics there are two main concerns for a coach, academic standards and winning. To win games, you need better talent, and to acquire more talent you need that “recruiting edge” that Hootner stated.

It is great to call San Diego home, but not all athletes want to leave home for a community college just for the sake of the weather and beaches. The ability to stream games live online has hopefully opened up a new edge in recruiting for a team that only has one player from out of state, Bridgette Palmer.

Many players want to be close to home not only for comfort, but also so their parents can watch their games. With Hootner streaming games online, it has made the college landscape that much smaller. Anyone with online access can watch the game from anywhere around the world.

Hopefully for Hootner and the Lady Olympians, this new technology “edge” will lead to more out of state attention and recruits. The more talent that can be imported to the college, the better.

So whether you are out of state or here in town and can’t make it to the game, support the Lady Olympians and check out the game on www.justin.tv/mhootner.